Pair Programming (Dear Uncle Joe, My Pair Programmer Has Halitosis)
KeywordsProduction Code Design Document Single Programmer Average Programmer Pair Programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Robert C. Martin posting to the newsgroup comp. object, subject: “Pair Programming—Yuck!” October 28, 2001.Google Scholar
- 2.Anonymous XPer, see the “Voice of eXPerience: Tales from the Front Line” sidebar in Chapter 4.Google Scholar
- 3.Ron Jeffries, posting to the C2 Wild page “Pair Programming Ergonomics,” http://cz.com/cgi-bin/wiki?PairProgrammingErgonomics.
- 5.Gerald M. McCue, “IBM’s Santa Teresa Laboratory—Architectural design for program devel- opment,” IBM Systems Journal (http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/sj/i7i/ibmsj1701C.pdf), vol. 17, no. 1, 1978.
- 6.Alistair Cockburn and Laurie Williams, “The Costs and Benefits of Pair Programming,” http://collaboration.csc.ncsu.edu/laurie/Papers/XPSardinia.PDF, 2002.
- 7.Dino Fancellu, e-mail to author, January 5, 2003.Google Scholar
- 8.Ron Jeffries, posting to the C2 Wild page “Pair Programming Ergonomics,” http://cz.com/cgi-bin/wiki?PairProgrammingErgonomics.
- 9.Gary A. Ham, e-mail to author, March 3, 2003.Google Scholar
- 11.Alistair Cockburn and Laurie Williams, op. cit., p. 3.Google Scholar
- 12.Kent Beck, Extreme Programming Explained: Embrace Change ( New York, NY: Addison-Wesley, 2000 ), p. 68.Google Scholar
- 13.Matt Stephens and Doug Rosenberg, Extreme Programming Refactored: The Case Against XP (Berkeley, CA: Apress, 2003), Chapter 6, “Pair Programming.”Google Scholar
- 14.Laurie Williams and Robert Kessler, Pair Programming Illuminated ( NewYork, NY: Addison-Wesley, 2002 ), p. 120.Google Scholar
- 15.Ibid., p. 118.Google Scholar
- 16.Ibid., p. 119.Google Scholar
© Matt Stephens and Doug Rosenberg 2003