XP in a Nuthouse (Oops, We Mean Nutshell)
KeywordsSoftware Project User Story Simple Thing Pair Programming Agile Software Development
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.We include a summary of our refactored process at the end of this chapter.Google Scholar
- 2.Kent Beck, Extreme Programming Explained: Embrace Change ( New York, NY: Addison-Wesley, 2000 ), p. 21.Google Scholar
- 3.Alistair Cockburn, Agile Software Development ( NewYork, NY: Addison-Wesley, 2001 ), p. 66.Google Scholar
- 4.See http://www.objectmentor.com/writeUps/TestDrivenDevelopment and Kent Beck, Test-Driven Development: By Example (New York, NY: Addison-Wesley, 2002).
- 5.Beck, Extreme Programming Explained,op. cit., p. 60.Google Scholar
- 6.Michael Feathers posting to the newsgroup comp. software. extreme-programming, subject: “Re: On-site Customer Liaison; was The Case against XE” December 29, 2001.Google Scholar
- 7.Pete McBreen, Questioning Extreme Programming (New York, NY: Addison-Wesley, 2002), p. xvi.Google Scholar
- 8.Beck, Extreme Programming Explained,op. cit., p. 54.Google Scholar
- 9.Beck, Extreme Programming Explained,op. cit., p. 56.Google Scholar
- 10.See http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html.
- 11.In this book we use “production code” to mean source code that’s being targeted for delivery to be used in a live system (as opposed to, say, prototype or “spike” code, which would be used for exploration and experimentation and then thrown away).Google Scholar
- 12.Robert C. Martin posting to the newsgroup comp.object, subject: “Re: Pair Programming—Yuck!” October 28, 2001.Google Scholar
- 13.Ron Jeffries, “Misconceptions About XP,” http://www.xprogramming.com/xpmag/Misconceptions.htm, January 21, 2002.
- 14.See http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?IfXpIsntWorkingYoureNotDoingXp.
- 15.Beck, Extreme Programming Explained,op. cit., p. 59.Google Scholar
- 16.See http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?ExtremeProgramming.
- 17.Ron Jeffries, Ann Anderson, and Chet Hendrickson, Extreme Programming Installed ( New York, NY: Addison-Wesley, 2000 ), p. 70.Google Scholar
- 18.Robert C. Martin posting to the newsgroup comp.software.extreme-programming, subject: “Re: How XP and Microsoft are similar,” September 11, 1999.Google Scholar
- 19.Kent Beck posting to the newsgroup comp. software. extreme-programming, subject: “The Customer,” May 7, 2002.Google Scholar
- 20.James Newkirk and Robert C. Martin, Extreme Programming in Practice ( New York, NY Addison-Wesley, 2001 ), p. 9.Google Scholar
- 21.Doug Rosenberg with Kendall Scott, Use Case Driven Object Modeling with UML: A Practical Approach ( New York, NY: Addison-Wesley, 1999 ).Google Scholar
© Matt Stephens and Doug Rosenberg 2003