The Educationalisation of Social Problems and the Educationalisation of Educational Research: The Example of Citizenship Education
Since the introduction of citizenship education in England in 1990, educational research on this topic has proliferated and activity increased further when citizenship education became a compulsory part of the National Curriculum in 2002.
KeywordsEurope OECD Univer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bernstein, B. (1993). The structuring of pedagogic discourse. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Depaepe, M. (1998). Educationalisation: A key concept in understanding the basic processes in the history of Western education. History of Education Review, 27(1), 16–28.Google Scholar
- Giddens, A. (2006). Sociology (5th edn.). Cambridge: Polity Press.Google Scholar
- Osler, A., & Starkey, H. (2005). Education for democratic citizenship: A review of research, policy and practice 1995–2005. Retrieved from BERA http://www.bera.ac.uk/pdfs/ OslerStarkeyBERAReview2005.pdf
- QCA. (1998). Education for citizenship and the teaching of democracy in schools. London: QCA.Google Scholar
- Rose, N. (1999). Powers of freedom. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar