Towards Evaluation Games for Fuzzy Logics
The article provides two kinds of game-theoretical semantics for fuzzy logics with special attention to Łukasiewicz logic. The first one is a generalization of the evaluation games for classical logic. It is shown that it provides an interesting contribution to the model theory of fuzzy logics as, unlike the standard semantics, it can deal with the so-called non-safe models. The second kind of semantics makes explicit the intuition about fuzzy logics as logics of partial truth and provides a semantics in the form of a bargaining game. Finally, a basic kind of logic of informational independence of a Hintikka-Sandu style is introduced.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fermöller, C. G. (2003). Parallel dialogue games and hypersequents for intermediate logics. In Mayer, M. C. and Pirri, F. editors, Proceedings of TABLEAUX Conference 2003, pages 48– 64, Rome.Google Scholar
- Hájek, P. (1998). Metamathematics of Fuzzy Logic, volume 4 of Trends in Logic. Kluwer, Dordrecht.Google Scholar
- Hájek, P. and Cintula, P. (2006). Triangular norm predicate fuzzy logics. To appear in Proceedings of Linz Seminar 2005.Google Scholar
- Hintikka, J. and Sandu, G. (1989). Informational independence as a semantical phenomenon. In Fenstad, J. E., Frolov, I. T., and Hilpinen, R., editors, Proceedings of LMPS, volume 8, pages 571–589. North-Holland, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Łukasiewicz, J. (1920). O logice trojwartosciowej. Ruch filozoficzny, 5:170–171. (On Three-Valued Logic).Google Scholar
- Mundici, D. (1993). Ulam games, Łukasiewicz logic and AFC*-algebras. Fundamenta Infor-maticae, 18:151–161.Google Scholar
- Osborne, M. J. and Rubinstein, A. (1994). A Course in Game Theory. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA.Google Scholar
- Sandu, G. and Pietarinen, A.V. (2001). Partiality and games: propositional logic. Logic Journal of the Interest Group of Pure and Applied Logic, 9:107–127.Google Scholar
- von Neumann, J. and Morgenstern, O. (1994). Theory of Games and Economic Behavior. Wiley, New York.Google Scholar