Wavelet versus Fourier Analysis
- 1.4k Downloads
The advantages of wavelet analysis over Fourier analysis is the subject of Chapter 3. A comparison between frequency analysis, by means of the Fourier transform, and time–frequency representation, by means of the wavelet transform, is made. From an example of a nonstationary signal, the good extraction of the time and frequency characteristics of the wavelet transform is revealed. In addition, the properties of wavelet bases functions and WT signal processing applications will be described.
KeywordsWavelet Analysis Wavelet Transform Wavelet Base Modulus Maximum Morlet Wavelet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. D. Poularikas (ed.), The Transforms and Applications Handbook, 2nd edn, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2000. Google Scholar
- S. Mallat, A Wavelet Tour of Signal Processing, Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 2001. Google Scholar
- J. J. Benedetto, Wavelets: Mathematics and Applications, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 1993. Google Scholar
- M. Akay (ed.), Time Frequency and Wavelets in Biomedical Signal Processing, Wiley and IEEE Press, New York, 1997. Google Scholar
- I. Daubechies, Different perspectives on wavelets, American Mathematical Society Short Course, San Antonio, Texas, January 11–12, 1993. Google Scholar