Operations Research and Decision Analysis
Software Tools and Applications
Part of the NATO Science for Peace and Security Series C: Environmental Security book series (NAPSC)
This chapter demonstrates operations research and decision and risk analysis tools and their application in the context of a hypothetical case study of groundwater cleanup at a toxic waste site . The following issues are addressed:
The chapter concludes with a brief discussion integrating the six parts of the case study into a process for implementation of adaptive management.
Population risk assessment
Optimal treatment method
KeywordsPopulation Risk Perfect Information Mitigation Plan Influence Diagram Cleanup Efficiency
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.“Groundwater Cleanup at a Toxic Waste Site,” 2007. Crystal Ball Examples Guide, Oracle Corporation, Redwood Shores, CA.Google Scholar
- 2.Powell, S. G., and Baker, K. R., 2004. The Art of Modeling with Spreadsheets. Wiley, Hoboken, NJ.Google Scholar
- 3.Crystal Ball Premium add-in to Excel, version 7.3.1, 2007. Oracle Corporation, Redwood Shores, CA.Google Scholar
- 4.OptQuest for Crystal Ball, version 2.4), 2007. OptTek Systems, Boulder, CO.Google Scholar
- 5.Keeney, R. L., 1992. Value Focused Thinking. Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA.Google Scholar
- 6.Logical Decisions for Windows, Group Version 6.00.22, 2007. Logical Decisions, Fairfax, VA.Google Scholar
- 7.Mun, J., 2002. Real Options Analysis. Wiley, Hoboken, NJ.Google Scholar
© Springer Science + Business Media B.V 2008