Future Perspectives of the Welfare of Pigs
Part of the Animal Welfare book series (AWNS, volume 7)
KeywordsAnimal Welfare Social Ethic Retail Sector Assurance Scheme Quality Assurance Scheme
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bayvel, A.C.D. (2004) Science-based animal welfare standards: the international role of the Office International des Epizooites. Animal Welfare 13, S163–S169.Google Scholar
- Brambell, F.W.R. (1965) Report of the Technical Committee to Enquire into the Welfare of Animals kept under Intensive Livestock Husbandry Systems. HMSO, LondonGoogle Scholar
- EC. (2007) European Commission – Directorate-General for Agriculture, Prospects for Agricultural Markets and Income, 2005–2014 for E.U.-27. http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/publi/caprep/prospects2007b/fullrep.pdf Accessed 4th June, 2008.
- FAS (Foreign Agricultural Service). (2008) Livestock and Poultry: World Markets and Trade, http://www.fas.usda.gov/dlp/circular/2008/livestock_poultry_04-2008.pdf Accessed 4th June, 2008.
- Harrison, R. (1964) Animal Machines. The New Factory Farming Industry. Vincent Stuart Ltd., London.Google Scholar
- HFAC (Humane Farm Animal Care). (2003) Animal Care Standards. Available at http://www.certifiedhumane.com/documentation.asp
- Marchant, J.N. and Broom, D.M. (1996) Effects of dry sow housing conditions on muscle weight and bone strength. Animal Science 62, 105–113.Google Scholar
- Mench, J.A. (2003) Assessing animal welfare at the farm and group level: a United States perspective. Animal Welfare 12, 493–503.Google Scholar
- Moore, S. and Simon, J.L. (1999) The greatest century that ever was: 25 miraculous trends of the past 100 years. Policy Analysis, No 364. Cato Institute, Washington DC, U.S.A.Google Scholar
- UEP (United Egg Producers). (2002) Animal Husbandry Guidelines for U.S. Egg Laying Flocks. United Egg Producers, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.Google Scholar
- USDA (United States Department of Agriculture). (2003) National Organic Program. 7CRF Part 205. USDA, Washington DC, U.S.A.Google Scholar
- Wolfson, D.J. (1996) Beyond the Law. Archimedian Press, New York, U.S.A.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2009