Future Perspectives of the Welfare of Pigs
Part of the Animal Welfare book series (AWNS, volume 7)
KeywordsEurope Transportation Income Marketing Defend
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bayvel, A.C.D. (2004) Science-based animal welfare standards: the international role of the Office International des Epizooites. Animal Welfare 13, S163–S169.Google Scholar
- Brambell, F.W.R. (1965) Report of the Technical Committee to Enquire into the Welfare of Animals kept under Intensive Livestock Husbandry Systems. HMSO, LondonGoogle Scholar
- EC. (2007) European Commission – Directorate-General for Agriculture, Prospects for Agricultural Markets and Income, 2005–2014 for E.U.-27. http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/publi/caprep/prospects2007b/fullrep.pdf Accessed 4th June, 2008.
- FAS (Foreign Agricultural Service). (2008) Livestock and Poultry: World Markets and Trade, http://www.fas.usda.gov/dlp/circular/2008/livestock_poultry_04-2008.pdf Accessed 4th June, 2008.
- Harrison, R. (1964) Animal Machines. The New Factory Farming Industry. Vincent Stuart Ltd., London.Google Scholar
- HFAC (Humane Farm Animal Care). (2003) Animal Care Standards. Available at http://www.certifiedhumane.com/documentation.asp
- Marchant, J.N. and Broom, D.M. (1996) Effects of dry sow housing conditions on muscle weight and bone strength. Animal Science 62, 105–113.Google Scholar
- Mench, J.A. (2003) Assessing animal welfare at the farm and group level: a United States perspective. Animal Welfare 12, 493–503.Google Scholar
- Moore, S. and Simon, J.L. (1999) The greatest century that ever was: 25 miraculous trends of the past 100 years. Policy Analysis, No 364. Cato Institute, Washington DC, U.S.A.Google Scholar
- UEP (United Egg Producers). (2002) Animal Husbandry Guidelines for U.S. Egg Laying Flocks. United Egg Producers, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.Google Scholar
- USDA (United States Department of Agriculture). (2003) National Organic Program. 7CRF Part 205. USDA, Washington DC, U.S.A.Google Scholar
- Wolfson, D.J. (1996) Beyond the Law. Archimedian Press, New York, U.S.A.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2009