On Possible Synthesis Of Some Organic Microstructures in A Process of Fullerene Fabrication by Means of An Argon Arc Discharge
Some colourless long formations similar to fibres are detected in the discharge chamber. The results of investigation of its morphology and element composition are presented. An infrared spectrum of these objects to be measured coincides practically with the spectrum of cellulose. The possible causes and mechanisms of fabrication of these objects in the arc discharge are discussed.
Keywordsgraphite arc discharge electron microscopy infrared spectroscopy microstructure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Podgorny V.I., Yakovlev A.N., Belashev B.Z. About some special features of fullerite manufacture by means of an argon arc discharge. Extended abstracts, IX International Conference on Hydrogen Materials Science and Chemistry of Carbon Nanomaterials. Sevastopol (Ukraine), Kiev, 2005: 394–395Google Scholar
- 3.Podgorny V.I., Yakovlev A.N. Some special features of fullerene production by means of argon arc discharge, Materialovedenie 2005; 9: 42–47. (In Russian)Google Scholar
- 4.Ubbelohde A.R. Graphite and its crystal compounds. Moscow: Mir. 1965: 31–36. (In Russian)Google Scholar
- 5.Nakanishi K. Infrared absorption spectroscopy. Moscow: Mir. 1965: 152. (In Russian)Google Scholar
- 6.Cellulose and cellulose derivatives. Edited by Bikales N.M. and Segal L. Moscow: Mir. 1974: 1, 2. (In Russian)Google Scholar