A Slung Load Transportation System Based on Small Size Helicopters
The paper surveys a slung load transportation system using small size helicopters. Some typical real world applications are presented and the problems arising from the attachment of slung loads to the helicopter fuselage are discussed. An overview of the existing solutions to these problems is given and anew approach developed in our group for slung load transportation using one or multiple coupled small size helicopter is presented. Possible application for slung load systems com posed of one or multiple helicopters are discussed.
KeywordsFatigue Torque Transportation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. K. Reynolds and A. A. Rodriguez, “H-inf control of a twin lift helicopter system,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Decision and Control, pp. 2442-2447, 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.K. Kondak, M. Bernard, N. Losse, and G. Hommel, “Elaborated modeling and control for autonomous small size helicopters,” in ISR/ROBOTIK 2006 Joint conference on robotics, 2006.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Kondak, M. Bernard, N. Meyer, and G. Hommel, “Autonomously fying VTOL-robots: Modeling and Control,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2375-2380, 2007.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Bisgaard, J. Bendtsen, and A. L. Cour-Harbo, “Modelling of generic slung load system,” in AIAA Modeling and Simulation Technologies Conference, 2006.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Bisgaard, J. Bendtsen, A. L. Cour-Harbo, E. N. Johnson, “Vision aided state estimation for helicopter slung load system” in IFAC Symposium on Automatic Control in Aerospace, 2007.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Bisgaard, A. L. Cour-Harbo, J. Bendtsen, “Full state estimation for helicopter slung load system”, in AIAA Guidance, Navigation and Control Conference, 2007.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Bisgaard “Modeling, estimation, and control of helicopter slung load system,” PhD thesis, Aalborg University, 2008.Google Scholar
- 9.W. Johnson, Helicopter Theory. Dover Publications, 1980.Google Scholar