Nonlinear Jeans Instability in an Uniformly Rotating Gas
A nonlinear stability analysis of a uniformly rotating gas in a gravitational field has been performed. One dimensional non-linear equations have been solved by the double-Lagrangian transformation method. An explosive instability is shown to exist in contrast to the linear Jeans instability wherein a uniform rotation of the gas quenches the instability.
Key wordsJeans instability Structure formation Lagrangian technique Explosive instability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chandrasekhar, S., 1961, Hydrodynamics and Hydromagnetic Stability, (Oxford Univ. Press) p-588. Google Scholar
- 3.Kolb, E. W., & Turner, M. S. 1990, The Early Universe, (Addision-Wesley Publishing Co.). Google Scholar
- 4.Krishan, V., 1999, Astrophysical Plasmas and fluids(Kluwer Academic Publisher) p-270 Google Scholar
- 10.Davidson, R. C. 1972, Methods in Nonlinear Plasma Theory, (Academic, New York). Google Scholar
- 11.Pipes, L. A., & Harvill, L. R. 1971, Applied mathematics for Engineers and Physicists, p-560. Google Scholar