Impact of Short Sale Constraints on Pricing of Restricted Stocks
This paper introduces the short sale constraints into the consumption-portfolio choice of the investor and studies the pricing of restricted stocks under the short sale constraints. The results show that the short sale constraints have a significant impact on the value of restricted stocks.
KeywordsAsset Price MARKOV Decision Process Initial Public Offering Market Portfolio Liquid Asset
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Kole, “The complexity of compensation contracts,” J. Fin. Econ., vol. 43, pp. 79-104, January 1997.Google Scholar
- R. Ibboston and J. Ritter, “Initial public offerings,” In Handbooks in Operations Research and Management Science, R. Jarrow, V. Maksimovic and W. Ziemba, Eds. Elsevier: Amsterdam, 1995, pp. 993-1016.Google Scholar
- F.A. Longstaff, “Optimal portfolio choice and the valuation of illiquid securities,” R. Fin. Stud., vol. 14, pp. 407-431, April 2001.Google Scholar
- M. Kahl, J. Liu and F.A. Longstaff, “Paper millionaires: how valuable is stock to a stockholder who is restricted from selling it,” J. Fin. Econ., vol. 67, pp. 385-410, March 2003.Google Scholar
- F.A. Longstaff, “Asset pricing in markets with illiquid assets,” unpublished.Google Scholar
- D. Mayers, “Non-marketable assets and the determination of capital asset prices in the absence of riskless asset,” J. Bus., vol. 46, pp. 258-267, April 1973.Google Scholar
- D.Mayers, “Non-marketable assets, market segmentation and the level of asset prices,” J. Fin. Quan. Anal., vol. 11, pp. 1-12, January 1976.Google Scholar
- F.A. Longstaff, 1995, “How much can marketability affect security values,” J. Fin., vol. 50, pp. 1767-1774, December 1995.Google Scholar
- E.S. Schwartz and C. Tebaldi, “Illiquid asset and optimal portfolio choices,” unpublished.Google Scholar
- D. Cuoco, “Optimal consumption and equilibrium prices with portfolio constraints and stochastic income,” J. Econ. The., vol. 72, pp. 33-73, January 1997.Google Scholar
- B.L. Miller, “Optimal consumption with a stochastic income stream,” Econ., vol. 42, pp. 253-266, March 1974.Google Scholar
- G. Chamberlain and C.A. Wilson, “Optimal intertemporal consumption under uncertainty,” R. Econ .Dyn., vol. 3, pp. 365-395, July 2000.Google Scholar