Web-Based Tele-operated Control system of a Robotic Vehicle
This paper presents the design of a web-based tele-operated control system intended for office-wide geographically remote and real time control of a mobile robot utilizing networking technologies. A comprehensive account of the design paradigm for the web based control system of the robot is presented. Experiments are successfully carried out to verify the system implemented.
KeywordsMobile Robot Java Virtual Machine Parallel Port Server Machine Client Machine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Goldberg, K., Mascha, K., Genter, M., Tothenberg, N., Sutter, C., and Wiegley, J. (1995) Desktop Operation via the World Wide Web. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp 654-659. Google Scholar
- Goldberg, K., Mascha, K., Genter, M., Tothenberg, N., Sutter, C., and Wiegley, J. (1996) A Telerobotic Garden on the World Wide Web. SPIE Robotics and Machine Perception Newsletter, 5(1). Google Scholar
- Simmons, R. (1998) Xavier: An Autonomous Mobile Robot on the Web. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IORS):Workshop on Web Robots. Victoria, Canada.Google Scholar
- Potgieter, J., Bright, G., Diegel, O. and Tlale, S. (2002) Internet Control of a Domestic Robot using a Wireless LAN. Proceedings of the 2002 Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation. Auckland, New Zealand, pp. 27-29. Google Scholar
- Ferworn, A., Rouque, R. and Vecchia, I. (1999) MAX: Wireless Teleoperation via the World Wide Web. Proceedings of the Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, Alberta, Canada. Google Scholar
- Tomizawa, T., Ohya, A. and Yuta, S. (2002) Book Browsing System using an Autonomous Mobile Robot Teleoperated via the Internet. Proceedings of the IEEE/ RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp 1284-1289, Switzerland.Google Scholar
- Sian, N. E., Yokoi, K., Kajita, S., Kanehiro, F. and Tanie, K. (2002) Whole Body Teleoperation of a Humanoid Robot. Development of a Simple Master Device using Joysticks. Proceedings of the 2002 IEEE/ RSJ Intl. Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp 2569-2574, Swizterland.Google Scholar
- Ramos, J., Maeta, S., Mirisola, L., Bueno, S., Bergerman, M., Faria, B., Pinto, G. and Bruciapaglia, A. (2003) Internet- based Solutions in the Development and operation of an unmanned robotic airship. Proceedings of the IEEE, Volume 91, No. 3, pp 463-473.Google Scholar
- Chand, A. N. and Onwubolu, G. C. (2006) Development of a Joystick based Control for a Differential Drive Robot. Innovative Algorithms and Techniques in Automation, Industrial Electronics and Telecommunications, Springer Netherlands, pp37-41.Google Scholar
- AN732 Implementing a Bootloader for the PIC16F87X, Microchip Technologies Inc, 2000, USA.Google Scholar