Silsesquioxane-Based Polymers: Synthesis of Phenylsilsesquioxanes with Double-Decker Structure and Their Polymers
Double-decker shaped silsesquioxane was synthesized by hydrolysis and condensation of trimetoxyphenylsilane in the presence of sodium hydroxide and it led to macromonomers having carbon functionalized groups. Then, these were polymerized by hydrosilylation polymerization, and their properties were measured.
KeywordsPolym Prep Polyhedral Oligomeric Silsesquioxanes Cyclic Siloxane Organic Silicon Compound Hydrolytic Condensation Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Lichtenhan J D et al. (1993) Silsesquioxane-siloxane copolymers from polyhedral silsesquioxanes. Macromolecules 26:2141–2142Google Scholar
- Seino M et al. (2006) Hydrosilylation polymerization of double-decker-shaped silsesquioxane having hydrosilane with diynes. Macromolecules 39:3473–3475Google Scholar
- Oikawa H et al. (2002) Synthesis and basic characteristics of novel T7-Phenylsilsesquioxane derivatives using hydrolytic condensation reaction. Polym Prep Jpn (Soc Polym Sci Jpn) 51:783Google Scholar
- Yoshida K et al. (2003) Synthesis of Double-decker-shaped phenylsilsesquioxane derivative using hydrolytic condensation reaction. Polym Prep Jpn (Soc Polym Sci Jpn) 52:316Google Scholar
- Ohguma K et al. (2003) Synthesis of novel siloxanes derivatives containing reactive organic functional groups. Polym Prep Jpn (Soc Polym Sci Jpn) 52:1317Google Scholar
- Morimoto Y et al. (2007) Silsesquioxane derivatives and process for production thereof. United States Patent; US 7169873B2Google Scholar
- Yoshida K et al. (2006) Silsesquioxane derivative and process for producing the same. United States Patent Application; 20060052623A1Google Scholar
- Yoshida K et al. (2003) Synthesis of novel Double-decker-shaped phenylsilsesquioxane with reactive functional group of tetrasilanol. Polym Prep Jpn (Soc Polym Sci Jpn) 52:131Google Scholar
- Yoshida K and Ootake N (2006) Organic silicon compound and production process for the same, and polysiloxane and production process for the same. United States Patent Application; 20060155091A1.Google Scholar