SystemC-Based Simulation of the MICAS Architecture
We present our approach in using SystemC for simulating a custom configurable architecture, MICAS. However, there are certain aspects of the architecture, like configuration specific information or programming interface, which cannot be directly represented using SystemC concepts. Thus, we define a C++-based specification language for MICAS that allows us to specify additional properties of the architecture at simulation level and furthermore, to combine these properties with the SystemC executable specification.
KeywordsSystem-on-Chip (SoC) Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) SystemC simulation executable specification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Moretti. The search for the perfect language. EDN, Feb. 2004 Online at http://www.edn.com/article/CA376625.html. Last checked 10/12/2007.
- 2.Symbian OS. At http://www.symbian.com.
- 3.Open SystemC Initiative. SystemC Specification. At http://www.systemc.org.
- 4.K. Sandström. Microcode Architecture For A System On A Chip (SoC). Nokia Corporation Patent NC37341, 872.0167.P1(US) (Filing Date: 07.10.2003), Oct. 2002.Google Scholar
- 5.D. Truscan. Model Driven Development of Programmable Architectures. Ph.D. thesis, Åbo Akademi University, March 2007.Google Scholar