A Case-Study in Property-Based Synthesis: Generating a Cache Controller from a Property-Set
Property-based synthesis has become a more prominent topic during the last years, being used in multiple areas like, e.g. formal verification and design automation. We will show how a property-based formal specification of a cache controller for a MIPS core can be used to automatically generate a functional implementation of that controller and how additional performance information about the complete system can be gained from doing so.
KeywordsProperty Based Design Synthesis Formal Verification Cando-Objects
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Schickel, V. Nimbler, M. Braun and H. Eveking: CandoGen–A Property-Based Model Generator, University Booth, Nice, France, Date’07.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Schickel, V. Nimbler, M. Braun and H. Eveking: On Consistency and Completeness: Exploiting the Property-Based Design Process, Proc. of FDL’06.Google Scholar
- 3.Property Specification Language, Reference Manual, Version 1.1, Accellera, 2004, http://www.eda.org/vfv/docs/PSL-v1.1.pdf.
- 4.C. Eisner and D. Fisman: A Practical Introduction to PSL, Springer, New York, 2006.Google Scholar
- 5.User Documentation: OneSpin MV 360–Version 4.1, OneSpin Solutions GmbH, 2006.Google Scholar
- 6.ProSyd Project Deliverable 2.3/1: Evaluation of tools and methodologyfor property-based logic synthesis, www.prosyd.org.
- 7.A. Mithal, J. Hoe. Digital Circuit Synthesis System, U.S. Patent U.S. 6, 597, 664 B1, 7/2003.Google Scholar
- 9.V. Paruthi and A. Kuehlmann: Equivalence checking combining a structural SAT-solver, BDDs, and simulation, in ICCD’2000.Google Scholar