Complex Daubechies Wavelets: Filters Design and Applications
The first part of this work describes the full set of Daubechies Wavelets with a particular emphasis on symmetric (and complex) orthonormal bases. Some properties of the associated complex scaling functions are presented in a second part. The third and last part describes a multiscale image enhancement algorithm using the phase of the complex multiresolution representation of the 2 dimension signals.
KeywordsWavelet Coefficient Besov Space Scaling Function Filter Design Multiresolution Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. Daubechies, Ten lectures on Wavelets, SIAM, CBMS Series, 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Cohen, Ondelettes, analyses multirésolutions etfiltres miroir en quadrature, Ann. Inst. H. Poicaré, An. non linéaire, 7, p. 439, 1990.Google Scholar
- 4._J. Stromberg, “A modified Franklin system and higher order spline systems on ℝn as unconditional bases for Hardy spaces,” Conf. in honor of A. Zygmund, Vol. II, Wadsworth math, series, p. 475, (1982).Google Scholar
- 9.A. F. Laine, S. Schuler, J. Fan and W. Huda, “Mammographic Feature Enhancement by Multiscale Analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging vol. 13, pp. 725–740, 1994; J. Lu, D. M. Healy Jr. and J. B. Weaver, “Contrast Enhancement of Medical Images Using Multiscale Edge Representation,” SPIE vol. 2242 Wavelet Applications, pp. 711-719, 1994; L. GagnonCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.M. Lina and B. Goulard, “Sharpening Enhancement of Digitalized Mammograms with Complex Symmetric Daubechies Wavelets,” 17th IEEE and EMBS Conf., Montreal, Sept. 1995.Google Scholar
- 14.J.-M. Lina and P. Drouilly, “The Importance of the Phase of the Symmetric Daubechies Wavelets Representation of Signals,” Proc. IWISP’96, Mertzios et al. ed., Elsevier, p. 61, 1996; P. Drouilly, M. Sc Thesis, Physics Dept and CRM, Univ. of Montreal, 1996.Google Scholar
- 15.R. De Vore and B. J. Lucier, “Fast wavelet techniques for near-optimal image processing,” Proc. 1992 IEEE Military Commun. Conf., IEEE Communications Soc, NY 1992.Google Scholar
- 16.D. Donoho and I. Johnstone, “Adapting to unknown smoothness via wavelet shrinkage,” to be published in J. Amer. Statist. Assoc, 1995 (and reference therein).Google Scholar