Nanotechnology Risk Governance
The ‘White Paper on Nanotechnology Risk Governance’ is the product of a collaborate effort for which input was provided on two initial workshops in May 2005 and January 2006 and which was advised by the IRGC's Nanotechnology Working Group and a number of external experts. In addition, the results of four stakeholder surveys undertaken as part of the project in the second half of 2005 are incorporated The surveys were concerned with the role of governments, industry, research organisations and NGOs and have been published as separate volumes on the IRGC website http://www.irgc.org/irgc/projects/nanotechnology/. On the same page, the full White Paper can be downloaded as well.
KeywordsToxicity Dust Europe Cadmium Explosive
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Agriculture and Environment Biotechnology Commission (AEBC), 2001, Crops on Trial, AEBC, London.Google Scholar
- Grove-White, R., Macnaghten, P. and Wynne, B., 2000, Wising up: The Public and New Technology, CSEC, Lancaster.Google Scholar
- International Risk Governance Council (IRGC), 2005, White Paper on Risk Governance, IRGC, Geneva.Google Scholar
- International Risk Governance Council (IRGC), 2006, White Paper on Nanotechnology Risk Governance, IRGC, Geneva (available on the IRGC website: http://www.irgc.org/irgc/ projects/nanotechnology/).
- IRGC Policy Brief on Risk Governance for Nanotechnology, to be completed.Google Scholar
- Morgan, M.G., Fischhoff, B., Bostrom, A. and Atman, C.J., 2002, Risk Communication: A Mental Models Approach, Cambridge University Press, Boston, MA.Google Scholar
- OECD, 2002, Guidance Document on Risk Communication for Chemical Risk Management, OECD, Paris.Google Scholar
- Roco, M.C. and Bainbridge, W.S. (eds.), 2001, Societal Implications of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, NSET Workshop Report, March 2001, Virginia; based on National Science Foundation (NSF) Workshop in September 2000, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, the Netherlands.Google Scholar
- Siegel, R.W., Hu, E. and Roco, M.C. (eds.), 1999, Nanostructure Science and Technology, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, the Netherlands (also available at http://www.wtec.org/ loyola/nano/).
- SwissRe, 2007, The Risk Governance of Nanotechnology: Recommendations for Managing a Global Issue, 6–7 July 2006, Conference Report, SwissRe Centre for Global Dialogue, Rüschlikon.Google Scholar