Simulation of Forming Processes, with Friction, Coupling Finite Elements and Boundary Elements
Nowadays, the simulation of forming process is rather well integrated in the industrial numerical codes. However, in order to take into account the possible modifications of the tool during rates of working, a dedicated numerical software is currently developed within the Laboratory Roberval. This one more uses coupling finite elements and boundary elements for the respective modelling of the part and the tool. This software will more particularly allow the identification of the fatigue criteria of the tool. The optimal shapes of tools could also be conceived for increase their lifespan and the manufactured part could have the required quality.
Keywordscoupling finite elements/boundary elements penalty, forming process oriented object programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. Hamel, J.M. Reolandt, J.N. Gacel, F. Schmit, F.E. modeling of clinch forming with automatic remeshing, Computers & Structures, 1998.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Benzegaou, M. Rachik, J.M. Reolandt, P. Duroux, J.N. Gacel, Clinch F.E. Modeling Using an Explicit Method, in MAT_TEC’96, A. Niku-Lari(Ed.), 1996, pp. 9–14.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Benzegaou, M. Rachik, J.M. Roelandt, J.L. Batoz, Modélisation de procédés dŠassemblage par grandes déformations plastiques, in Acte 12° Congrès Français de Mécanique, Vol. 2, Strasbourg, 1995, pp. 1–4.Google Scholar
- 5.K.-Q. Feng, G. De Saxce, G. Touzot, Numerical implementation of the implicit standard material approach for 2D or 3D frictional contact problem, Int. J. Num. Meth. Eng., 1992.Google Scholar
- 6.C.A. Brebbia, J. Dominguez, Boundary Elements: An Introductory Course, McGraw-Hill, first edition, 1989.Google Scholar
- 7.D. Bigot, H. Kebir, J.-M. Roelandt, Simulation de procédés de mise en forme couplant éléments finis de domaine et de frontière, in 7ième Colloque National en Calcul des Structures, Giens, 2005.Google Scholar
- 8.B. Noor-Omid, P. Wriggers, A note on the optimum choice for the penalty parameters, Communications in Numerical Methods in Engineering 3, 1986, 581–585.Google Scholar
- 9.S.H. Lee, Rudimentary consideration for adaptive gap/friction element based on the penalty method, Computers & Structures 47(6), 1993, 1243–1256.Google Scholar