Syntheses and Photochemical Properties of Trimanganese Complexes Containing Naphtyl Moieties
Two trinuclear manganese complexes, [Mn3(μ3–O)(μ–O2CCH2-1-naph)6(py)3] (1) and [Mn3(μ3–O)(μ–O2CCH2 2-naph)6(py)3] (2) (1 or 2-naph-CH2CO2H = 1 or 2-naphtylacetic acid, py = pyridine), were synthesized and characterized by elemental analysis, EXAFS analysis, and X-ray crystallography. Their electrochemical and photochemical behaviors were investigated by cyclic voltammetry (CV), electron absorption spectroscopy, and emission spectroscopy.
KeywordsManganese cluster trinuclear complex PSII OEC model complex mixed-valence state photochemical property luminescence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Libby E, McClusker JK, Schmitt EA, Folting K, Hendrickson DN, Christou G (1991) Preparation and properties of models for the photosynthetic water oxidation center: Spin frustration in the [Mn4O2(O2CR)7(pic)]− AnionInorg Chem 30:3486-3495.Google Scholar
- Nakai M, Funabiki T, Ohtsuki C, Harada M, Ichimura A, Tanaka R, Kinoshita I, Mikuriya M, Benten H,Ohkita H, Ito S, Obata M, Yano S (2006) Structure and photochemical properties of (m-alkoxo)bis(m-carboxylato)diruthenium complexes with naphtylac-etate ligands. Inorg Chem 45:3048-3056.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Obata M, Tanihara N, Nakai M, Harada M, Akimoto S, Yamazaki I, Ichimura A, Kinoshita I, Mikuriya M, Hoshino M, Yano S (2004) Electro- and photochemical properties of (µ-alkoxo)bis(µ-carboxylate)diruthenium complex having two tetraphenylporphynate zinc(II)moieties. Dalton Trans 3283-3287.Google Scholar
- Ribas J, Albela B, Stoeckli-Evans H, Christou G (1997) Synthesis and magnetic properties of six new trinuclear oxo-centered manganese complexes of general formula [Mn3O(X-benzoate)6L3] (X = 2-F, 2-Cl, 2-Br, 2-F, 3-F, 3-Cl, 3-Br; L = pyridine or water) and crystalstructures of the 2-F, 3-Cl, and 3-Br complexes. Inorg Chem 36:2352-2360.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Vincent JB, Chang HR, Folting K, Huffman J, Christou G, Hendrickson DN (1987) Preparation and physical properties of trinuclear oxo-centered manganese complexes of the general formulation [Mn3O(O2CR)6L3]0,+ (R = Me or Ph; L = a neutral donor group) and thecrystal structures of [Mn3O(O2CMe)6(pyr)3](pyr) and [Mn3O(O2CPh)6(pyr)2(H2O)].0.5 MeCN. J Am Chem Soc 109:5703-5711.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Vincent JB, Christmas C, Chang HR, Li Q, Boyd PDW, Huffman JC, Hendrickson DN, Christou G (1989) Modeling the photosynthesis water oxidation center. preparation and properties of tetranuclear manga- nese complexes containing [Mn4O2]6+,7+,8+ cores and the crystal structures of Mn4O2(O2CMe)(bipy)2 and [Mn4O2(O2CMe)7(bipy)2](ClO4). J Am Chem Soc 111:2086-2097.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Vincent JB, Tsai HL, Blackman A, Wang S, Boyd, PDW, Folting K, Huffman JC, Lobkovsky EB, Hendrickson DN, Christou G (1993) Modeling of the manganese catalase enzymes. Dinuclear manganese(III) com- plexes with the [Mn2(µ-O)(µ-O2CR)2]2+ core and terminal monodentate ligands: Preparation and properties of [Mn2O(O2CR)2X2(bpy)2] (X = Cl−, N3−, H2O). J AmChem Soc 115:12353-12361.CrossRefGoogle Scholar