Organizational Change Measurement via Change Metrics
Business Process Reengineering (BPR) has been popularized in recent years as the most important technique for restructuring business operations to achieve dramatic improvements in profitability and sustainable competitive advantage . The Re-engineering activity is a transformational change, moving the business outside its current «rules and games» . Change management is then necessary to manage people trough the emotional ups and downs lead to the massive change and then prevent resistance. Several process evaluation approaches exist to analyze the impact of business processes structural complexity on their performance. To achieve this objective structural and operational metrics are defined upon processes. These metrics are mostly adaptations of software Process or product Metrics. However, these approaches do not target performance problems lead to organizational and business change, that inevitably occur in projects like BPR. This paper defines change metrics that measure the change operated on business process models. Our metrics are also inspired by change metrics defined in Software engineering - -. This work is a first step towards a quantitative and predictive change management methodology to prevent risk related to organizational change in Reengineering projects.
KeywordsBusiness Process Bayesian Network Operational Metrics Base Measure Business Process Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Elvira R. Applying Software Metrics to evaluate Business Process Models CLEI electronic journal Volume 9, 2006Google Scholar
- Elvira, Evaluation Measures for Business Process Model, Proceedings of the Symposium of Applied Computing Dijon France 2006Google Scholar
- Gary S. Tjaden Business Process Structural Analysis, Georgia Tech Center for Enterprise Systems, june 2001Google Scholar
- M. S. Camara, L. Kermad, A. El Mhamedi Quantitative Risk Analysis in ERP Projects Based On The Change Measurement, Proceedings 12th IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems in ManufacturingGoogle Scholar
- Mike Dale, The Re-engineering Route to Business Transformation, The BPR Handbook November 1994.Google Scholar
- Serge Demeyer, Finding Refactorings via Change Metrics, Proceedings of the 15 th ACM SIGPLAN conference on Object -Oriented Programming, systems, languages, and applications.Google Scholar
- Gokhale S. and. Lyu M.R, “Régression Tree Modeling for the Prediction of Software Quality", In Proc. of ISSAT’97,Anaheim, CA, March 1997Google Scholar
- Kaszycki G., Using Process Metrics to Enhance Software Fault Prediction Models, FastAbstract ISSRECopyright 1999Google Scholar
- N Kock Changing the focus of Business process redisgn from activity flow to information flowGoogle Scholar
- A W Scheer ARIS- Business Process Modelling, Thrid Edition, Springer 1999Google Scholar