Lattice Cube Semantic Index Based Mining on XML Documents
XML (eXtensible Markup Language) is fast becoming the de facto standard for information exchange over the Internet. As more and more sensitive information gets stored in the form of XML, sophisticated indexing schemes are required to speedup document storage and retrieval. XML documents can be hierarchically represented by elements. This paper describes a Lattice-map semantic indexing technique to cluster XML documents. To improve performance of information retrieval, documents can be indexed using Lattice-map technique. Similarity and Popularity operations are available in Lattice-map indexing technique and clustering algorithm is used for mining XML documents.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. Bertino, G. Guerrini, and M. Mesiti. Measuring the structural similarity among XML documents and DTDs. Technical report, Tech. Report DISI-TR-02-02, Department of Computer Science, University of Genova, 2002.Google Scholar
- Bo-Yeong Kang , Sang-Jo Lee Document indexing: a concept-based approach to term weight estimationGoogle Scholar
- C. Chan and Y. Ioannidis, Bitmap Index Design and Evaluation, Proc. Of Int’l ACM SIGMOD Conference, 1998Google Scholar
- A. Doucet and H. A. Myka. Naive clustering of a Large XML document collection. In Proc. 1st Annual Workshop of the Initiative for the Evaluation of XML retrieval Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany, 2002Google Scholar
- D. Guillaume and F.Murtagh. Clustering of XML documents. Computer Physics Communications, pp.215–227, 1989.Google Scholar
- J. Yoon, V. Raghavan and Venu Chakilam Bitmap Indexing-based clustering and Retrieval of XML documents.Google Scholar
- J. Yoon, V. Raghavan and Venu Chakilam, BitCube: A Three Dimensional Bitmap Indexing for XML Documents, 13th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management, FairFax, VA, 2001.Google Scholar