BlogDisc: A System for Automatic Discovery and Accumulation of Persian Blogs
One of the important elements of the new generation of the Web is the emergence of blogs. Currently a considerable number of users are creating content using blogs. Although Persian blogs have a short history, they have improved significantly during this short period. Because of fundamental differences between Persian and other languages, limited work has been done to analyze Persian blogs. In this work, a system named BlogDisc for automatic discovery and accumulation of Persian blogs is developed. This system uses content as well as link structure of the blogs. As an important part of this research, we propose an algorithm to recognize blogs that are not hosted on special blog hosts.
KeywordsBlogsphere Weblog Blog Discovery Web Graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Chakrabarti, M. van den Berg, and B. E. Dom. “Focused crawling: a new approach to topic-specific web resource discovery”. In Proceedings of the Eighth International World Wide Web Conference, Toronto, Canada, May 1999.Google Scholar
- K. Balog and M. de Rijke, “Decomposing Bloggers’ Moods. Towards a Time Series Analysis of Moods in the Blogsphere”, In Proceedings of WWW2006 Workshop on Blogging Ecosystem, Edinburgh, Scotland, Apr. 2006.Google Scholar
- S. Nakajima, J. Tatemura, Y. Hino, Y. Hara, and K. Tanaka, “Discovering Important Bloggers Based on a Blog Thread Analysis”, In Proceedings of WWW2005 Workshop on Blogging Ecosystem, Chiba , Japan, May 2006.Google Scholar
- T. Nanno, “Automatic Collection and Monitoring of Japanese Blogs”, WWW 2004 Workshop on the Blogging Ecosystem: Aggregation, Analysis and Dynamics, New York, May 18th 2004Google Scholar
- R. Kumar, J. Novak, P. Raghavan, and A. Tomkins. On the bursty evolution of blogsphere. In Proc. Of the 12th International World Wide Web Conference, pages 568- 576, 2003.Google Scholar
- T. Nanno, T. Fujiki, Y. Suzuki, M. Okumura, “Automatically collecting, monitoring, and mining japanese blogs”. WWW (Alternate Track Papers & Posters) 2004: 320-321Google Scholar
- K. Sheykh Esmaili, M. Jamali, M. Neshati, and H. Abolhassani, Y. Soltan-Zadeh, “Experiments on Persian Blogs”, WWW2006 Workshop on Blogging Ecosystem, Edinburgh, Scotland, Apr. 2006.Google Scholar
- K. Sheykh Esmaili, M. Neshati, M. Jamali, H. Abolhassani, J. Habibi, “Comparing Performance of Recommendation Techniques in the Blogsphere”, Proceedings of ECAI2006 Workshop on Recommender Systems, Trento, Italy, August 2006.Google Scholar
- R. Kumar, J. Novak, P. Raghavan, and A. Tomkins, “Structure and Evolution of Blogsphere”, Communications of the ACM, Volume 47, Issue 12 (December 2004).Google Scholar
- Webstats4u ,http://www.Webstats4u.com.Google Scholar