Delicious Learning Resources
This paper presents a novel approach to semantic annotation of learning resources using a blend of folksonomy keywords and ontology-based semantic annotation. This approach attempts to match folksonomy terms (after normalization), from bookmarked resources saved in a bookmarking service such as del.icio.us, against terms in the ontology (which operates as a controlled vocabulary). The approach will provide an attribute-value relationship that is semantically rich and adds ‘intelligence’ to searche for learning resources in a specific subject domain.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cameron Marlow, Mor Naaman, danah boyd, Marc Davis. (2006). “HT06, Tagging Paper, Taxonomy, Flickr, Academic Article, ToRead.” Proc. Seventeenth conference on Hypertext and hypermedia ACM Hypertext, Odense, Denmark, August 22-24, 2006. pp. 31 – 40.Google Scholar
- Li, J. Z., Gasevic, D., Nesbit, J. C., & Richards, G. (2005). Ontology Mappings Enable Interoperation of Knowledge Domain Taxonomies. Paper presented at the 2nd LORNET international annual conference, November 16-18, 2005, Vancouver, Canada.Google Scholar
- Kris Cardinaels, Michael Meire, Erik Duval. (2005) “Automating Metadata Generation: the Simple Indexing Interface.” International World Wide Web Conference Committee, WWW 2005, Chiba, Japan, May 10-14, 2005.Google Scholar
- Paynter G. W. (2005) “Developing Practical Automatic Metadata Assignment and Evaluation Tools for Internet Resources.’ Proc. Fifth ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, Denver, Colorado, June 7-11, 2005, ACM Press, pp. 291-300.Google Scholar
- Uren, V., P. Cimiano, J. Iria, S. Handschuh, M. Vargas-Vera, E. Motta and F. Ciravegna (2005). “Semantic Annotation for Knowledge Management: Requirements and a Survey of the State of the Art.’ Journal of Web Semantics 4(1): 34.Google Scholar
- Reeve, L. and H. Han (2005). Survey of semantic annotation platforms. Proceedings of the 2005 ACM symposium on Applied computing, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA, ACM Press.Google Scholar
- J. Jovanovic, D. Gasevic, V. Devedzic,. (2006). Ontology-based Automatic Annotation of Learning Content, Int’l J. on Semantic Web and Information Sys., Vol. 2, No. 2, 2006.Google Scholar
- Brooks, C. and G. McCalla (2006). Towards flexible learning object metadata. International Journal of Continuing Engineering Education and Life-Long Learning, 2006. 16(No.1/2): p. pp. 50 - 63.Google Scholar
- Motta, E. and M. Sabou.Language (2006) “Technologies and the Evolution of the Semantic Web.” In Proceedings of LREC , Genoa, Italy, 24-26 May.Google Scholar