Anatomy of a Continuous/Discrete System Execution Model for Timed Execution of Heterogeneous Systems
Modern embedded systems like micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS), mixed-signal systems and real-time controllers integrate discrete and continuous components. These systems can be found in various domains such as health, communication, as well as the defence, and automotive industries. The design process of these systems needs to be improved, International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductor (ITRS) announcing a “shortage of design skills and productivity arising from a lack of training and poor automation with a need for basic design tools” as one of the most daunting challenges in the domain [ITR06].
KeywordsQuartz Assure Val95 Tate Sorting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Cel06]Celoxica, http://www.celoxica.com/methodology/
- [Cha96]W.T. Chang et al., “Heterogeneous Simulation - Mixing Discrete-Event Models with Dataflow”, RASSP special issue of J. on VLSI Signal Processing, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Fle95]J. Fleischmann et al., “Comparative Analysis of Periodic State Saving Techniques in Time Warp Simulators”, Parallel and Distributed Simulation, 1995.Google Scholar
- [Fre00]P. Frey et al., “Verilog-AMS: Mixed-Signal Simulation and Cross Domain Connect Modules”, Behavioral Modeling and Simulation Workshop, 2000.Google Scholar
- [Gup85]K. Gupta, et al., “A Review of Recent Developments in Solving ODES”, Proc. of CSUR, vol. 17, No. 1, 1985.Google Scholar
- [IEE99]IEEE Standard VHDL Analog and Mixed-Signal Extensions, IEEE Std 1076.1-1999, 23 December 1999.Google Scholar
- [ITR06]International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductor Design, 2003.Google Scholar
- [Jan04]Jantsch A., Modeling Embedded Systems and SOCs, USA, Morgan Kaufmann, 2004.Google Scholar
- [Liu02]J. Liu et al., “On The Causality of Mixed-Signal and Hybrid Models”, Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control, 2003, pp. 328-342.Google Scholar
- [Mat06]Matlab-Simulink, www.mathworks.com [Mar02] Martin D. E et al., “Integrating Multiple Parallel Simulation Engines for Mixed-Technology Parallel Simulation”, Simulation Symposium, 2002.
- [Mod06]Modelica, www.modelica.org
- [Mod06]ModelSim○R SE Foreign Language Interface, version 5.7d.Google Scholar
- [Nic02]G. Nicolescu et al., “Validation in a component-based design flow for Multicore SoCs”, in Proc. ISSS, 2002.Google Scholar
- [Pat04]H. D. Patel et al., “Towards A Heterogeneous Simulation Kernel for System Level Models: A SystemC Kernel for Synchronous Data Flow Models”, Proc. ISVLSI’04.Google Scholar
- [Ree04]D. K. Reed et al., “An Application of Parallel Discrete Event Simulation Algorithms to Mixed Domain System Simulation”, DATE’04, pp. 1356-1357.Google Scholar
- [SDL06]SDL RT, specification & description language - real time, available at http://www.sdl-rt.org
- [Sys03]SystemC LRM, 2003, available at www.SystemC.org
- [Tah93]El Tahaway et al., “VHDeLDO: A new mixed mode simulation”, DAC Conference, 1993, with EURO-VHDL’93. Proceedings EURO-DAC’93.Google Scholar
- [Vac03]A. Vachoux, et al., “Analog and Mixed Signal Modeling with SystemC”, Circuits and Systems, ISCAS’03.Google Scholar
- [Val95]C. A. Valderrama et al., “A unified model for co-simulation and co-synthesis of mixed hardware/software systems”, Proc. 1995 European Conference on Design and Test.Google Scholar