Analysis and Performance of an Efficient Iterative Detection Strategy for IDMA Systems
IDMA is a multiple access scheme closely related to CDMA and of great interest for future mobile networks. In contrast to orthogonal schemes like TDMA or FDMA collisions are not avoided but the interference is treated by iterative detection exploiting channel coding. By tolerating a certain amount of interference a higher spectral efficiency is achieved. The number of supportable users can be further increased by an optimized power profile. In order to decode all users with reasonable complexity, efficient detection strategies should be considered. This paper investigates a complexity reduction for parallel interference cancellation (PIC) by means of decoding only promising users in the first iterations, which means a user- and iteration-wise switching strategy. The optimal strategy is found by variance transfer charts (VTC) and confirmed by bit error rate simulations. Furthermore, a scheduling strategy for successive interference cancellation (SIC) is considered and shown to be most efficient in terms of channel decoder evaluations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kai, L., Xiaodong, W., and Ping, L. (2005). Analysis and optimization of interleave-division multiple-access communication systems. In ICASSP 2005 - IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing.Google Scholar
- Kusume, K. and Bauch, G. (2006). Some Aspects of Interleave Division Multiple Access in Ad Hoc Networks. In 4th International Symposium on Turbo Codes & Related Topics.Google Scholar
- Schlegel, C. and Shi, Z. (2004). Optimal power allocation and code selection in iterative detection of random CDMA. In Zurich Seminar on Digital Communications.Google Scholar
- Weitkemper, P., Kuehn, V., and Kammeyer, K.-D. (2005). Analysis of Iterative Successive Interference Cancellation in SC-CDMA Systems. In Fifth International Workshop on Multi-Carrier Spread-Spectrum, Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany.Google Scholar
- Weitkemper, P., Zielinski, K., Kammeyer, K.-D., and Laur, R. (2006). Optimization of Interference Cancellation in Coded CDMA Systems by Means of Differential Evolution. In 4th International Symposium on Turbo Codes & Related Topics.Google Scholar