Channel Estimation for Block-IFDMA
In this paper, pilot multiplexing and channel estimation is investigated for two different signal models of DFT precoded OFDMA with block-interleaved subcarrier allocation (B-IFDMA). The influence of the B-IFDMA signal model on the bit error rate performance with and without perfect channel knowledge is presented. Moreover, the Peak-to-Average Power Ratio of the transmit signal, as well as the pilot symbol overhead required for channel estimation is given for the two signal models.
KeywordsChannel Estimation Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access Subcarrier Allocation Channel Estimation Algorithm Pilot Sequence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N. Benvenuto and G. Cherubini. Algorithms for Communications Systems and their Applications. John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 2002.Google Scholar
- T. Frank, A. Klein, E. Costa, and A. Kuehne. Low Complexity and Power Efficient Space-Time-Frequency Coding for OFDMA. In Proc. of 15th Mobile & Wireless Communications Summit, Mykonos, Greece, June 2006.Google Scholar
- T. Frank, A. Klein, E. Costa, and E. Schulz. Robustness of IFDMA as Air Interface Candidate for Future Mobile Radio Systems. In Advances in Radio Science, Miltenberg, Germany, Oct. 2004.Google Scholar
- T. Frank, A. Klein, E. Costa, and E. Schulz. IFDMA - A Promising Multiple Access Scheme for Future Mobile Radio Systems. In Proc. PIMRC 2005, Berlin, Germany, Sep. 2005.Google Scholar
- J. Lim, H. G. Myung, and D. J. Goodman. Proportional Fair Scheduling of Uplink Single-Carrier FDMA Systems. In Proc. of PIMRC06, Helsinki, Finland, September 2006.Google Scholar
- H. G. Myung, J. Lim, and D. J. Goodman. Peak-to-Average Power Ratio of Single Carrier FDMA Signals with Pulse Shaping. In Proc. of PIMRC06, Helsinki, Finland, September 2006.Google Scholar
- A. Sohl, T. Frank, and A. Klein. Channel Estimation for DFT precoded OFDMA with blockwise and interleaved subcarrier allocation. In Proc. International OFDM Workshop 2006, Hamburg, Germany, August 2006.Google Scholar
- U. Sorger, I. De Broeck, and M. Schnell. IFDMA - A New Spread-Spectrum Multiple-Access Scheme. In Proc. ICC’98, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, June 1998Google Scholar
- E. UMTS. TR-101 112, V3.2.0. Sophia-Antipolis, France, April 1998.Google Scholar
- R. van Nee and R. Prasad. OFDM for Wireless Multimedia Communications. Artech House, 1st edition, 2000.Google Scholar
- WINNER. Final report on link level and system level channel models. Technical Report D5.4 v. 1.4, WINNER-2003-507581, November 2005.Google Scholar
- WINNERII. The winner 2 air interface: Refined multiple access concepts. Technical Report D4.6.1, WINNER II-4-027756, November 2006.Google Scholar