Accurate Evaluation of the S-Matrix for Multi-Channel Analytic and Non-Analytic Potentials in Complex L2 Bases
We describe an efficient and accurate scheme to compute the S-matrix elements for a given multi-channel analytic and non-analytic potentials in complex-scaled orthonormal Laguerre or oscillator bases using the J-matrix method. As examples of the utilization of the scheme, we evaluate the cross section of two-channel square wells in an oscillator basis and find the resonance position for the same potential using the Laguerre basis. We also find resonance positions of a two-channel analytic potential for several angular momenta ℓ using both bases. Additionally, we evaluate the effect of including the Coulomb term (z/r) when employing the Laguerre basis.
KeywordsMatrix Element Coulomb Term Oscillator Basis Matrix Element Versus Laguerre Basis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.For a review of this method see, Reinhardt W P 1982 Ann. Rev. Phys. Chem. 33, 223Google Scholar
- 3.Rescigno T N and McCurdy C W 1986 Phys. Rev. A34 1882Google Scholar
- 4.Yamani H A and Abdelmonem M S 1996 J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 29, 6991Google Scholar
- 7.Igashov S Yu, “Oscillator basis in the J-matrix method: convergence of expansions, asymptotics of expansion coefficients and boundary conditions”, Part II, Chapter 1, this volumeGoogle Scholar
- 8.Magnus W, Oberhettinger F, and Soni R P 1966, Formulas and Theorems for the Special Functions of Mathematical Physics (New York: Springer-Verlag)Google Scholar
- 10.Akhiezer N I 1965, The Classical Moment Problem (Einburgh: Oliver and Boyd)Google Scholar
- 11.Szego G 1939, Orthogonal Polynomials (New York: American Mathematical Society)Google Scholar
- 12.Krylov V I 1962, Approximate Calculation of Integrals (New York: The Macmillan Company)Google Scholar
- 13.Newton R G 1966, Scattering Theory of Waves and Particles (New York: McGraw-Hill), p. 543Google Scholar