Compact EUV Lasers Based on Low-Inductive Capillary Discharges
In the given paper results of elaboration, numerical and experimental modeling, and also research of radiation sources on the base of low-inductive capillary discharges are presented. Author’s approach is to use a running wave of sliding avalanche discharges for gas pre-ionization and main z-discharges for collisional excitation pumping. Full-scale testing showed, that this approach allows to create compact radiation sources. Numerical predictions in further increasing of input power efficiency are informed.
KeywordsPlasma Column Wave Resistance Main Discharge Capillary Discharge Constant Inductance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.V.A. Burtsev, E.P. Bolshakov, A.S. Ivanov et al, “Electrodischarge radiation source of capillary type”, In Proc. of 9-th International Conference on x-ray lasers ICXRL-2004(May 24-28, 2004, Beijing, China), pp.167-170.Google Scholar
- 4.V.A. Burtsev, E.P. Bolshakov, A.S. Ivanov et al.,“Fast z-discharges in lowinductive capillary tubes”, In Proc. of 15-th Intern. Conf.on high power particle beams BEAMs-2004(July 18-24, 2004, St.-Petersburg, Russia), pp. 450-453.Google Scholar
- 5.V.A. Burtsev, E.P. Bol'shakov, A.S. Ivanov, N.V. Kalinin, V.A. Kubasov, R.F. Kurunov, V.G. Smirnov, V.I. Chernobrovin, V.I. Engelko: “Electrophysical problems in creation of compact and effective sources of short-wave radiation on plasma of capillary discharges”, In Proc. of 15-th Intern. Pulsed Power Conf. (Monterey, USA, June 13-17, 2005), In press (October 2006).Google Scholar
- 6.V.A. Burtsev, E.P. Bol'shakov, N.V. Kalinin, V.A. Kubasov, V.G. Smirnov, R.F. Kurunov, V.I. Chernobrovin, V.I. Engelko: “Electrophysical problems in creation of compact and effective sources of short-wave radiation on plasma of capillary discharges”, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science. Special issue on pulsed power science and technology. In press (November 2006).Google Scholar
- 7.V.A. Burtsev, E.P. Bolshakov, N.V. Kalinin, V.A. Kubasov, R.F. Kurunov, V.G. Smirnov, V.I. Chernobrovin: “Sources of radiations on the basis of capillary discharges”, Intern. Conf. on Micro and Nanoelectronics 2005 (Moscow- Zvenigorod, Russia, October 3-7, 2005). Proc. SPIE, 2006 (in press).Google Scholar