KeywordsTuberculosis Nitrite Triglyceride Monit Zidovudine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arno P.S., and Feiden K.L., 1992, Against the odds: the story of AIDS drug development, politics and profits. New York: HarperCollins.Google Scholar
- Barlett J.G., 2002, The Johns Hopkins Hospital 2002 Guide to medical care of patients with HIV infection. 10th edn., Baltimore: Lippincot Williams & Wilkins. Cited in Palmer, 2003.Google Scholar
- Boston.com, 2006, CDC's revised recommendations for HIV testing of adults, adolescents, and pregnant women in health care settings. September 22. www.boston.com/yourlife/health/
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 1981a, Pneumocystis pneumonia – Los Angeles. Morb Mort Wkly Rep 30: 250–252.Google Scholar
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 1981b, Kaposi's sarcoma and Pneumocystis pneumonia among homosexual men – New York City and California. Morb Mort Wkly Rep 30: 305–308.Google Scholar
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 1982a, Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia among persons with haemophilia. Morb Mort Wkly Rep 31: 353–354, 360–361.Google Scholar
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 1982b, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS): precautions for clinical and laboratory staffs. Morb Mort Wkly Rep 31: 377–380.Google Scholar
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 1984, Summary – cases specified notifiable diseases, United States. Morb Mort Wkly Rep 33: 4–5.Google Scholar
- Food and Drug Administration, 2006, FDA News. Washington DC: US Department of Health and Human Services. www.fda.gov. 12 July.
- Glynn M., and Rhodes P., 2005, Estimated HIV prevalence in the United States at the end of 2003. Presented at the National HIV Prevention Conference, Atlanta, 12–15 June. www.aegis.com/conferences/nhivpc/2005/T1–B1101.
- Kaiser Network, 2006, Global HIV/AIDS Timeline. www.kff.org/hivaids/timeline
- Masquelier B., et al., 2005, Prevalence of transmitted HIV-1 drug resistance and the role of resistance algorithms data from seroconverters in the CASCADE collaboration from 1987 to 2003. J AIDS 40: 505–511.Google Scholar
- New Mexico AIDS Education and Training Center, 2006, Fact Sheet 158. AIDS myths and misunderstandings. University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center. www.aidsinfonet.org Revised 18 April 2006.
- New Mexico AIDS Education and Training Center, 2006, Fact Sheet 206. How to spot HIV/AIDS fraud. University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center. www.aidsinfonet.org Revised 10 August 2006.
- Nwokike J.L., 2005, Baseline data and predictors of adherence in patients on anti-retroviral therapy in Maun General Hospital, Botswana. Essential Drugs Monitor 34: 12–13.Google Scholar
- Palmer C., 2003, HIV treatments and highly active anti-retroviral therapy. Austr Prescr 26 (3): 59–61.Google Scholar
- Shafer R.W., et al., 1989, Successful prophylaxis of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia with trimethoprim – sulfamethoxazole in AIDS patients with previous allergic reactions. J AIDS 2: 389–393.Google Scholar
- Shilts R., 1987, And the band played on – politics, people and the AIDS epidemic. New York: St. Martin's Press.Google Scholar
- Swarns R.L., 2001, Drug makers drop South Africa suit over AIDS medicine. New York Times. April 20: A1. Cited in: Steinbrook & Drazen, 2001.Google Scholar
- UNAIDS, 2006, 2006 Report on the global AIDS epidemic. Geneva: UNAIDS. www.unaids.org
- UNAIDS/WHO, 2005, AIDS epidemic update. Geneva: UNAIDS-WHO, p 5.Google Scholar
- Website: www.hiv.bg/redribbon.history.english.htm. Accessed on 20 September 2006.
- Website: www.lifepositive.com/aids.html. Accessed on 20 September 2006.
- Whyte S.R., et al., 2005, Accessing retroviral drugs: dilemmas for families and health workers. Essent Drugs Monit 34: 14–15.Google Scholar
© Springer 2007