KeywordsAcquire Immune Deficiency Syndrome Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy Male Circumcision Acquire Immune Deficiency Syndrome Patient Isobutyl Nitrite
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arno P.S., and Feiden K.L., 1992, Against the odds: the story of AIDS drug development, politics and profits. New York: HarperCollins.Google Scholar
- Barlett J.G., 2002, The Johns Hopkins Hospital 2002 Guide to medical care of patients with HIV infection. 10th edn., Baltimore: Lippincot Williams & Wilkins. Cited in Palmer, 2003.Google Scholar
- Boston.com, 2006, CDC's revised recommendations for HIV testing of adults, adolescents, and pregnant women in health care settings. September 22. www.boston.com/yourlife/health/
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 1981a, Pneumocystis pneumonia – Los Angeles. Morb Mort Wkly Rep 30: 250–252.Google Scholar
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 1981b, Kaposi's sarcoma and Pneumocystis pneumonia among homosexual men – New York City and California. Morb Mort Wkly Rep 30: 305–308.Google Scholar
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 1982a, Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia among persons with haemophilia. Morb Mort Wkly Rep 31: 353–354, 360–361.Google Scholar
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 1982b, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS): precautions for clinical and laboratory staffs. Morb Mort Wkly Rep 31: 377–380.Google Scholar
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 1984, Summary – cases specified notifiable diseases, United States. Morb Mort Wkly Rep 33: 4–5.Google Scholar
- Food and Drug Administration, 2006, FDA News. Washington DC: US Department of Health and Human Services. www.fda.gov. 12 July.
- Glynn M., and Rhodes P., 2005, Estimated HIV prevalence in the United States at the end of 2003. Presented at the National HIV Prevention Conference, Atlanta, 12–15 June. www.aegis.com/conferences/nhivpc/2005/T1–B1101.
- Kaiser Network, 2006, Global HIV/AIDS Timeline. www.kff.org/hivaids/timeline
- Masquelier B., et al., 2005, Prevalence of transmitted HIV-1 drug resistance and the role of resistance algorithms data from seroconverters in the CASCADE collaboration from 1987 to 2003. J AIDS 40: 505–511.Google Scholar
- New Mexico AIDS Education and Training Center, 2006, Fact Sheet 158. AIDS myths and misunderstandings. University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center. www.aidsinfonet.org Revised 18 April 2006.
- New Mexico AIDS Education and Training Center, 2006, Fact Sheet 206. How to spot HIV/AIDS fraud. University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center. www.aidsinfonet.org Revised 10 August 2006.
- Nwokike J.L., 2005, Baseline data and predictors of adherence in patients on anti-retroviral therapy in Maun General Hospital, Botswana. Essential Drugs Monitor 34: 12–13.Google Scholar
- Palmer C., 2003, HIV treatments and highly active anti-retroviral therapy. Austr Prescr 26 (3): 59–61.Google Scholar
- Shafer R.W., et al., 1989, Successful prophylaxis of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia with trimethoprim – sulfamethoxazole in AIDS patients with previous allergic reactions. J AIDS 2: 389–393.Google Scholar
- Shilts R., 1987, And the band played on – politics, people and the AIDS epidemic. New York: St. Martin's Press.Google Scholar
- Swarns R.L., 2001, Drug makers drop South Africa suit over AIDS medicine. New York Times. April 20: A1. Cited in: Steinbrook & Drazen, 2001.Google Scholar
- UNAIDS, 2006, 2006 Report on the global AIDS epidemic. Geneva: UNAIDS. www.unaids.org
- UNAIDS/WHO, 2005, AIDS epidemic update. Geneva: UNAIDS-WHO, p 5.Google Scholar
- Website: www.hiv.bg/redribbon.history.english.htm. Accessed on 20 September 2006.
- Website: www.lifepositive.com/aids.html. Accessed on 20 September 2006.
- Whyte S.R., et al., 2005, Accessing retroviral drugs: dilemmas for families and health workers. Essent Drugs Monit 34: 14–15.Google Scholar
© Springer 2007