Inquiry-Based Science Education and Its Impact on School Improvement: The ECBI Program in Chile
Part of the Springer International Handbooks of Education book series (SIHE, volume 17)
KeywordsProfessional Development Science Education Elementary School Continuous Professional Development Science Lesson
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bransford, J. D., Brown, A. L., & Cocking, R. R. (2000). How people learn: Brain, mind, experience and school. Washington DC: National Academies Press.Google Scholar
- Cox, C. (Ed.). (2003). Políticas Educacionales en el Cambio de Siglo. La Reforma del Sistema Escolar de Chile. Santiago, Chile: Editorial Universitaria, Santiago, Chile.Google Scholar
- Cox, C. (2005). Quality and equity: Challenges for education and training in a global perspective. Paper presented at the OECD Global Forum, Santiago, Chile, 23–24 October 2005.Google Scholar
- Fullan, M. (1999). Cited in Revisioning professional development. The national partnership for excellence and accountability in teaching. Edited by National Staff Development Council: Ohio, USA.Google Scholar
- Harlen, W. (2000). Teaching, learning and assessing science, 5–12. London: Paul Chapman Publishing Ltd.Google Scholar
- Inter Academy Panel of World Science Academies. (2000). Transition to sustainability conference. Tokyo, Japan.Google Scholar
- Loucks-Horsley, S., Carolson, M., Brink, L., Horwitz, P., Marsh, D., Pratt, H., et al. (1989). Developing and supporting teachers for elementary school science education. Washington, DC: The National Center for Improving Science Education.Google Scholar
- National Sciences Resources Center. (1997). Science for all children: A guide to improving elementary science education in your school district. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press.Google Scholar
- Olson, S., & Loucks-Horsley, S. (Eds.). (2000). Inquiry and the national science education standards: A guide for teaching and learning. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press.Google Scholar
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. (2004). Review of national policies. Chile, Paris: OECD.Google Scholar
© Springer 2007