KHARKOV X-RAY GENERATOR NESTOR
NSC KIPT proposed to construct a new X-ray and soft ultraviolet source NESTOR with a 40 - 225 MeV electron storage ring and Nd:YAG laser in Kharkov. NESTOR is a new type radiation source on the base of Compton scattering. In the paper the progress in development and construction of Kharkov X-ray generator NESTOR is presented. The current status of the main facility systems design and development are described. The facility is going to be in operation in the middle of 2007 and generated X-rays flux is expected to be of about 1013phot/s.
KeywordsStorage Ring Compton Scattering Parallel Displacement Quadrupole Magnet Magnetic Lattice
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Bulyak et al, “Compton scattering in the 100 MeV Kharkov storage ring,” ROC. PAC-99, June, 1999, New York, USA, v.2, pp. 3122–3124.Google Scholar
- 2.P. Gladkikh et al, “Lattice design for the compact X-ray source based on Compton scattering,” Proc. Of EPAC-2000, Vienna, Austria, pp. 696–698.Google Scholar
- 3.E. Bulyak et al, “Compact X-ray Source Based on Compton Backscattering,” NIM A, 2002, # 487, pp. 241–248.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Agafonof et al, “Spectral Characteristics of an Advanced X-ray Generator at the KIPT Based on Compton Back-Scattering”, Proc. SPIE48th annual meeting, August, 2003, San Diego, USA.Google Scholar
- 5.V. Androsov et al, “Status of Kharkov X-ray Generator based on Compton Scattering NESTOR”, Proc. of EPAC 2004, pp.2412–2414.Google Scholar
- 6.P. Gladkikh et al, “Lattice of NSC KIPT Compact Intense X-ray Generator NESTOR,” EPAC-2004, Lucerne, Switzerland, pp. 1440–1442.Google Scholar
- 7.P. Gladkikh, “Lattice and beam parameters of compact intense x-ray sources based on Compton scattering”, Physical Review Special Topics – Accelerators And Beams 8, 050702 (2005), 10p.Google Scholar
- 8.V. Anashin, “Vacuum systems of charged particle storage rings”. BINP USSR, 5 Transactions of All-Union meeting on charged particle accelerators(boosters), Vol. I, “Science”, Moscow, 1977, pp.273–276.Google Scholar
- 9.V.G. Grevtsev, A.Yu. Zelinsky, I.I. Karnaukhov, N.I. Mocheshnikov, The analysis and choice of the system for attaining vacuum in a 300 MeV electron storage ring. Problems of atomic science and technology. Series “Nuclear Physics Investigations” (41), N2, 2003, pp. 126–130.Google Scholar