THERMODYNAMIC PROFILE OF INTERACTION OF PORPHYRINS WITH NUCLEIC ACIDS
The binding of a number of novel water soluble porphyrins to nucleic acids (NA) were studied monitoring the changes in Soret region of absorbance spectra, fluorescence spectra and circular dichroism (CD) spectra of formed complexes. The binding modes for all complexes were dtermined. The binding isotherms were used to calculate the binding constant, Kb, and binding free energy, ⊿Gb = -RTlnKb. By performing these experiments as a function of temperature, we evaluated the van’t Hoff binding enthalpies, ⊿Hb and the binding entropies, ⊿Sb. Generalization concerning the established correlation between the binding mode and thermodynamic profile was done.
KeywordsZinc Entropy Enthalpy Titration Pyridinium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.I.E. Kochevar, D.A. Dunn, Photosensitized reactions of DNA: cleavage and addition. Bioorg. Photochem., Photochem. and the Nucl. Acids. (New York, 1990)Google Scholar
- 4.L.G. Marzilli, Medical aspects of DNA-porphyrin interactions, New J. Chem. 14, 409–420 (1990)Google Scholar
- 6.A.A. Ghazaryan, Y.B. Dalyan, S.G. Haroutiunian, V.I. Vardanyan, R.K. Ghazaryan, T.V. Chalikian, Thermodynamics of Interactions of TAlPyP4 and AgTAlPyP4 Porphyrins with Poly(rA)poly(rU) and Poly(rI)poly(rC) Duplexes, J. Biomol. Struct. Dynam. 24(1), 66–71 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Y. B. Dalyan, The interaction of meso-tetra-(4N-oxyethylpyridyl)porphyrins with DNA. Effect of side group position, Biophysics translated from Biofizika, Russian Academy of Sciences, 47, 253–258 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Ghazaryan, Ye. B. Dalyan, S. G. Haroutiunian, Spectral studies of interaction of meso-tetra-(4N-allylpyridyl)porphyrins with poly(rG)poly(rC), poly(rI)poly(rC) and poly(rA)poly(rU), Scientific Reports of YSU, 3, 73–78 (2005)Google Scholar