REGULARITIES IN THE OXIDIZING METABOLISM OF BACTERIA
- 910 Downloads
It is proved that there are not any obligate aerobes. As for the aerobic bacteria, they should be identified as the anaerobes able to respire by an aerobic way. The biological redox order is shown to meet the electrochemical rules: in the first place, there are reduced these compounds the standard electrode potential of which is higher.
KeywordsAerobic Bacterium Manganese Dioxide Anaerobic Respiration Collection Strain Acinetobacter Calcoaceticus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G.A. Zavarzin, N.N. Kolotilova. Introduction in the nature-keeping microbiology (Moscow, Knizhnyi dom “Univesitet”, 2001), p. 256.Google Scholar
- 2.G. Shlegel. General microbiology . (Moscow, Mir, 1987), p. 566.Google Scholar
- 4.V.A. Rabinovich, Z.Ya. Khavin, Brief chemical handbook.(Leningrad, Khimiya, 1978), pp. 311–333.Google Scholar
- 5.O.S. Ksenzhek, C.A. Petrove. Electrochemical properties of reversible biological redox-systems (Moscow, Nauka, 1986), p. 150.Google Scholar
- 6.G.M. Dmytrenko., O.A. Shum. Dissimilative reduction of Mn(IV) by collection strains of aerobic bacteria, J. Water Chem. Techn., 24(1) 56–60 (2002).Google Scholar
- 7.G.M. Dmytrenko., V.V. Konovalova, O.A. Shum. Reduction of Cr(IV) by the Pseudomonas bacteria, Mikrobiologiya. — 72(3), 370–373 (2003).Google Scholar
- 8.G.M. Dmytrenko., O.A. Shum, V.V. Konovalova. Chromate-reduction of the aerobic bacteria by collection strains, International Meeting “Microbiology & Biotechnology of XXI century, (Minsk, 2002), p. 34.Google Scholar
- 9.G.M. Dmytrenko. Cr(VI) and Mn(IV) are the terminal acceptors of electrons for Acinetobacter calcoaceticus Ac-1, Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, No 4, 191–194 (2003).Google Scholar
- 10.L.I. Antropov. Theoretical electrochemistry, (Moscow, Khimiya, 1975), p. 568.Google Scholar
- 11.G.M. Dmytrenko., V.V. Konovalova, O.A. Shum. An order in bacterial reduction of Cr(VI) and NO3. at their simultaneous presence in the cultivation medium, Khim. Tekhnol Vody 24(6), 578–583 (2002).Google Scholar
- 15.G.M Dmytrenko. Is there the obligate aerobiosys among bacteria? Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, N6, 1777–1780 (2004).Google Scholar