A SUMMARY OF CANADIAN NANOMEDICINE RESEARCH FUNDING: STRENGTHS AND NEEDS
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) has recently developed a major strategic initiative in the areas of regenerative medicine and nanomedicine. The present article presents a preliminary analysis of nanomedicine funding at CIHR (2000-2005), using a moderately stringent definition of nanomedicine.
KeywordsRegenerative Medicine Strategic Initiative Nanometer Length Scale Research Strength Canadian Space Agency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Canadian Institutes of Health Research (June, 2003); http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/16044.htmlGoogle Scholar
- 2.Canadian Institutes of Health Research (June, 2005); http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/28268.htmlGoogle Scholar
- 3.Canadian Institutes of Health Research (January, 2006); http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/29542.html Stem Cell Network (January, 2006); http://www.stemcellnet.ca/Google Scholar
- 4.Stem Cell Network (January, 2006); http://www.stemcellnet.ca/e/Google Scholar
- 5.Quirion, R., 2002, A Canadian experiment: INMHA. How to link up the brain via a virtual institute, Trends in Neuroscience, 25: 268-270.Google Scholar