STRUCTURE OF NbVCoD2.5 SYNTHESIZED UNDER HIGH GASEOUS PRESSURE
Under high pressure of hydrogen (up to 200 MPa) has been synthesized deuteride of intermetallic compound NbVCo with hexagonal Laves phases structure. Maximum content of hydrogen was determined with thermodesorption method and corresponded composition NbVCoD2.5. The position of hydrogen and metallic atoms and occupation of the sites have been determined by X-ray and neutron powder diffraction. Have been demonstrated that V and Co atoms statistically distributed in sublattice of B-component (2a, 6h sites) and hydrogen atoms mainly occupied 24l and 12k sites, typically hydrogen sites in hexagonal Laves phases.
KeywordsQuartz Furnace Hexagonal Hydride Deuterium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schlapbach L., Zuttel A. (2001) Hydrogen-storage materials for mobile applications, Natura 15, 414 –418.Google Scholar
- 2.Somenkov V.A., Irodova A.V. (1980) Structure of C15 Laves phases, Les-Common Met. 73, 481 –486.Google Scholar
- 5.Lushnikov S.A., Verbetsky V.N. (2003) Interaction in NbVCo-H and NbVFe-H Systems under Hydrogen Pressure up to 2000 atm. Hydrogen Materials Science and Chemistry of Carbon Nanomaterials, Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop, held in Sudak, Crimea, Ukraine, NATO Science Series II: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, Vol. 172, ed. N. Vezirogly.Google Scholar
- 7.Teslyk M.Yu. (1969) Metallic compounds with Laves phase ’s structure.-. :Nauka,1 –196.Google Scholar
- 8.Somenkov V.A. (1972) Structure of hydrides. Ber Bunsen Cesel. Physik. Chem. 76, 724.Google Scholar
- 9.Shilstein S.Sh. (1979) Phase transition of hydrogen in metals. Progr. un Material Science 24, 267.Google Scholar
- 10.Irodova A.V. (1980) Directional order (k=0) in hydrogen solid solution based on Cubic (C15) Laves phases. (Preprint IAE-3308/9), Moscow, 16.Google Scholar
- 11.Scripov A.V. (2004) Hydrogen jump motion in Laves-phase hydrides: two frequency scales. International Symposium on Metal-Hydrogen Systems, Crakow, Poland.Google Scholar