COMMENTS CONCERNING PARAMETERS OF THE SHORT-RANGE ORDER EVOLUTION DETERMINED FROM THE DATA ON KINETICS OF A HEAT-CAPACITY RELAXATION FOR Lu–H ALLOY
One more method of study of the short-range order kinetics of H-atoms over tetrahedral interstices in lutetium (Lu) is proposed. It can be realized by the using of available data of measurements of heat capacity for h.c.p.-Lu–H interstitial solid solutions during the isothermal annealing. Comparison of estimated-parameters data from heat capacity and residual electrical-resistivity measurements is performed. It is shown that kinetics of heat capacity and residual resistivity at low temperatures is caused by the unique ‘nature’ (short-range order relaxation) and can be described by two relaxation times at least.
KeywordsRelaxation Time Heat Capacity Isothermal Annealing Residual Resistivity Migration Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Khachaturyan, A.G. (1983) Theory of Structural Transformations In Solids, John Wiley&Sons, New York.Google Scholar
- 2.Krivoglaz, M.A. (1996) Diffuse Scattering of X-Rays and Neutrons by Fluctuations, Springer, Berlin.Google Scholar
- 4.Vajda, P. (1995) Hydrogen in rare earth metals, including RH2 +x-phases, in K.A. Gschneidner, Jr. and L. Eyring (eds.), Handbook on the Physics and Chemistry of Rare Earths 20, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, ch. 137, pp. 207 –292.Google Scholar
- 7.Tatarenko, V.A. and Radchenko, T.M. (2002) Kinetics of the hydrogen-isotope short-range ordering in interstitial solid solutions h.c.p.-Ln-H(D, T), in T.N. Veziroglu et al. (eds.), Hydrogen Materials Science and Chemistry of Metal Hydrides: NATO Science Series, Series II: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry 82, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, pp. 123 –132.Google Scholar
- 8.Tatarenko, V.A., Radchenko, T.M., and Molodkin, V.B. (2004) Kinetics of the hydrogen-isotope short-range ordering in interstitial solid solutions h.c.p.-Ln- H(D, T), in T.N. Veziroglu et al. (eds.), Hydrogen Materials Science and Chemistry of Carbon Nanomaterials: NATO Science Series, Series II: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry 172, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, pp. 59 –66.Google Scholar