DYNAMIC BUCKLING ANALYSIS OF IMPERFECT ELASTICA
Dynamic buckling analysis of a pinned-pinned flexible beam attached to a sliding mass is investigated using nonlinear Elastica Theory. Initially straight flexible buckling beam having pinned end boundary conditions loaded at one of its end with curved imperfection is considered. Large de- flection analysis of flexible beam is studied using nonlinear elastica theory. Imperfection analysis of the flexible beam is investigated considering imperfection as an initial curvature. Dynamic response of the flexible beam is studied using numerical simulation procedures under step loading conditions; assuming this member buckles in its first mode.
KeywordsCurve Beam Horizontal Load Flexible Beam Straight Beam Large Amplitude Vibration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hoff, N. J. and Brooklyn, N. Y. (1951) The Dynamics of the Buckling of Elastic Columns, Journal of Applied Mechanics pp. 68–75.Google Scholar
- Prathap, G. and Varadan, T. K. (1978) The Large Amplitude Vibration of a Hinged Beam, Journal of Applied Mechanics 45, 959–961.Google Scholar
- Sathyamoorty, M. (1998) Nonlinear Analysis of Structures, CRC Press, New York.Google Scholar
- SMI (1991) Handbook of Spring Design, Spring Manufacturers Institute.Google Scholar
- Snyder, J. M. and Wilson, J. F. (1990) Dynamic of the Elastica with End and Follower Loading, Journal of Applied Mechanics 57, 203–208.Google Scholar