ESTABLISHING AN EFFECTIVE EDUCATION AND PUBLIC OUTREACH PROGRAM AT GEMINI OBSERVATORY – A CASE STUDY
Part of the ASTROPHYSICS AND SPACE SCIENCE LIBRARY book series (ASSL, volume 343)
In 1998, the Gemini Observatory began the systematic ramp-up of its Education and Public Outreach (EPO) program.
KeywordsStrategic Plan Partner Country Media Relation Light Pollution International Partnership
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Christensen, L.L. 2006, The Hands-On Guide to Science Communication, Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Christian, C. 2001, 2002-2007 Strategic Plan for the Office of Public Outreach – Strategies for the Next Five Years of Education and Public Outreach, Space Telescope Sc. Inst., Baltimore MD (http://outreachoffice.stsci.edu/mission/strategic2002.pdf)Google Scholar
- 3.Hunter, L., Crabtree, D., Christian, C. & Sim, H. 2005, Gemini EPO External Review – Final ReportGoogle Scholar
- 4.McCray, P. 2004, Giant Telescopes, Harvard Univ. Press, Cambridge MAGoogle Scholar
- 5.Robson, I. & Christensen, L.L. (Eds.) 2005, Communicating Astronomy with the Public: Proceedings From the ESO/ESA/IAU conference 14–17 June 2005, Garching (http://www.spacetelescope.org/about/further information/books/html/cap2005 proceedings.html)Google Scholar
© Springer 2007