BENDING PERFORMANCE OF HIGH STRENGTH STEEL FIBRE REINFORCED CONCRETE
Four point bending tests on 125/125/1000 mm beams at a 750 mm span were performed under both static and fatigue loading conditions. The results of the static tests were used to determine the chosen fatigue sinusoidal loading at two load levels. Three different concrete mixtures were tested: one ultra high strength mixture and two high strength ones that had small differences in their matrix composition and fibre type and content. The static peak load depends on the amount of fibres in the mixture. The scatter in the fatigue result can be reduced by the use of a good workable and flow-able mixture in the fresh state.
KeywordsLoad Level Steel Fibre High Strength Concrete Engineer Cementitious Composite Steel Fibre Reinforce Concrete
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. Thibaux, Z. Hajar, A. Simon, and S. Chanut., Construction of an ultra-high-performance fibre-reinforced concrete thin-shell structure over the Millau viaduct toll gates, in: Proc. of 6th Int. RILEM Symposium on Fibre Reinforced Concrete (FRC), BEFIB (RILEM, 2004), pp. 1183–1192.Google Scholar
- 2.E.S. Lappa, C.R Braam. and J.C. Walraven, Static and fatigue bending tests of UHPC, in: Proc. of the Int. Symposium on Ultra High Performance Concrete (Kassel University Press GmbH, 2004) pp. 449–459.Google Scholar
- 3.S. Grünewald, Performance based design of self-compacting, fibre reinforced concrete, PhD Thesis, Delft University Press, 2004.Google Scholar
- 4.E.S. Lappa, C. van der Veen and J.C. Walraven, Self-compacting, high strength fibre reinforced mortar for pre-cast sheet piles”, In proc. of, 3rd Int. Symposium on Self Compacting Concrete, Reykjavik, (RILEM 2003), pp. 732–740.Google Scholar
- 5.I. Markovic, J.C. Walraven and J.G.M. van Mier, Development and utilization of high performance hybrid-fibre concrete, in: proc. of 5th Int. PhD Symposium in civ. eng., Delft (Balkema publishers, 2004), pp. 1039–1047.Google Scholar
- 6.K.V. Subramanian, E. O’Neil, J.S. Popovics and S.P. Shah, Crack propagation in flexural fatigue of concrete, J. of eng. Mechanics, Sept. 2000, pp. 891–898.Google Scholar
- 7.P. Suthiwarapirak, T. Matsumoto and T. Kanda, Multiple cracking and fiber bridging characteristics of engineered cementitious composites under fatigue flexure, J. of materials in civ. Engineering, ASCE, Sept/Oct 2004, pp. 433–443.Google Scholar