PESTICIDE APPLICATIONS AND SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT IN ARMENIA
Problems connected with sustainable agricultural development have no clear and universal solution. Solutions are to be developed locally, building on mutually agreed principles rather than recipes. Armenian agricultural sector has quite strategic importance for the country since USSR period. One of the generated problems since mentioned period is high volume of used chemical substances, mainly pesticides. From that point in this paper we touched to the problem of finding environmentally acceptable development paths of agriculture within “economical-legalsocial- political-environmental” system.
KeywordsToxicity Corn Income Expense Toxicology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ambartsumyan H.S., Approaches to the Integral Evaluation of Pesticides in Agriculture, Hygiene of Usage, Toxicology of Pesticides and Polymer Materials, vol. 15, Kiev, 1985.Google Scholar
- Armenia, National Program of Protection of Environment, Main Report, (1999), The World Bank.Google Scholar
- Hovard R.A., Dynamic Programming and Markov Processes, Moscow, 1964.Google Scholar
- Sargsyan, V., Ecologic-Economical System of Models of Determination of Optimal Quantities of Pesticides. Economic Independence of Republic of Armenia (collection of articles), Erevan, Armenia: Erevan Institute of National Economy, 1993.Google Scholar
- Sargsyan, V., Some Questions of Ecologic-Economical modeling. Materials of the Third Republican Conference of post-graduates of Armenia, Erevan, Armenia, 1989.Google Scholar
- Sargsyan, V., Risk Assessment for Agricultural Pollutants (Armenia): Modeling and Optimal Control: “Assessment and Management of Environmental Risks,” Kluewer, Amsterdam 2001.Google Scholar