FLOOD PROTECTION IN THE TISZA RIVER BASIN
The Tisza River Basin is shared by five nations: Ukraine, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary and Serbia-Montenegro. The river itself is the frontier along several kilometers between Ukraine and Romania, Ukraine and Hungary and between Slovakia and Hungary. All blessings and all disasters a river can bring are also shared by the five nations. For people living close to the river, it is their source of survival, their friend, their partner, and their enemy. In local languages she is a female. They love her, they fight with her, but they cannot live without her.
KeywordsMicrowave Europe Income Radar Cyclone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Balint Z. (1980) Correction of non-homogeneous time series in preparation of hydrological forecasting. IAHS-AISH Publ. 129, Oxford Symposium.Google Scholar
- Balint Z. (ed.) (2001) Flood forecasting on the Upper-Tisza (in Hungarian). FETIVIZIG, Nyiregyhaza, Study Report.Google Scholar
- Balint Z. (2002) Flood monitoring and forecasting. Final Report on the Joint Ukrainian- NATO Project on Flood Preparedness and Response in the Carpathian Region, Brussels.Google Scholar
- Balint Z., Bodnar G. and Konecsny K. (2000) Effects of the forest cover on formation of the floods (in Hungarian). FETIVIZIG, Nyiregyhaza, Study Report (in Hungarian).Google Scholar
- Koncsos L. (2001) Flood forecasting by hydrodynamic models (in Hungarian). Flood forecasting on the Upper-Tisza, FETIVIZIG, Nyiregyhaza.Google Scholar
- Somlyódi L. (2000) Strategic pillars in the Hungarian water management (in Hungarian). Somlyódi L. Strategic questions in the Hungarian water management. MTA Publications, Budapest.Google Scholar
- Szlavik L. (2000) Flood management (in Hungarian). Somlyódi L. Strategic questions in the Hungarian water management. MTA Publications, Budapest.Google Scholar
- Szlavik L. (2003) The 1998 Flood (in Hungarian). Vizugyi Kozlemenyek, Budapest.Google Scholar
- The United Nations World Water Development Report, Part IV. (2003).Google Scholar
- Vagas I. (1982) Floods of River Tisza (in Hungarian). VIZDOK, Budapest.Google Scholar