FAST IMAGE MOSAICS ALGORITHM USING PARTICLE SWARM OPTIMIZATION
Image mosaic plays an important role in producing panoramic image. We proposed an automated seamless mosaics algorithm. In our proposal, firstly, we use particle swarm optimization (PSO) to find a certain area which contains sufficient objective characters, then we use pattern matching method to search the matching patch in another image and adjust image; at last, we make use of feathering blending to provide a smooth transition between overlapping areas and get automated seamless mosaics of images.
KeywordsParticle Swarm Optimization Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm Objective Character Panoramic Image Image Mosaic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Szliski and H.Y. Shum (1997), Creating full view panoramic image mosaics and environment maps. Computer Graphics Proceedings of Annual Conference Series, ACM SIGGRAPH, Los Angeles, CA, pp. 251–258.Google Scholar
- 2.S.E. Chen (1995), QuickTime VR-An image-based approach to virtual environment navigation. Computer Graphics Proceedings of Annual Conference Series, ACM SIGGRAPH, Los Angeles, pp. 29–38.Google Scholar
- 3.W. Du and H. Li (2002), A novel panoramic representation for dynamic scenes. Chinese Journal of Computers (in Chinese), 25, 9, pp. 968–975.Google Scholar
- 5.D. Cepl and A. Zisseman (1998), Automated mosaicing with super-resolution zoom. Proceedings of CVPR’98 Santa Barnara. California, pp. 885–891.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Herzmann, C.E. Jacobs, N. Oliver, B. Curless, and D.H. Salesin (2001), Image analogies. Computer Graphics Proceedings of Annual Conference Series, ACM SIGGRAPH, Los Angeles, CA, pp. 327–339.Google Scholar