Part of the Advances in Natural and Technological Hazards Research book series (NTHR, volume 21)
Natural Hazards in Japan
KeywordsClay Dioxide Dust Convection Transportation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- EM-DAT: The OFDA/CRED International Disaster Database. Brussels, Belgium: Université Catholique de Louvain . Retrieved March 13, 2004 from the World Wide Web: http://www.cred.be/emdat.
- Hydrographic and Oceanographic Department, Japan Coast Guard (2004). Tsunami travelling time chart accompanied by the earthquake off Southwest Hokkaido. Tokyo: Hydrographic and Oceanographic Department, Japan Coast Guard.Google Scholar
- Idia, K. (2002). Some remarks on the occurrence of tsunamigenic earhquakes around the Pacific. In P. Blank & F. Spier (Eds.), Defining the Pacific: Opportunities and constraints (pp. 165-180). Aldershot: Ashgate.Google Scholar
- International Tsunami Information Center. (2004). Tsunami Textbooks. National Tsunami Information Center. Retrieved March 25, 2004, from the World Wide Web: http://www.prh.noaa.gov/itic/library/pubs/textbooks/tsunami_textbooks.html.
- Japan Meteorological Agency. (1985). Satellite image of winter monsoon of Japan on December 24, 1985. Tokyo: Japan Meteorological Agency.Google Scholar
- Japan Meteorological Agency. (1933). Epicenter of 1933 Japan earthquake. Tokyo: Japan Meteorological Agency.Google Scholar
- Japan Meteorological Agency. (1960). Epicenter of 1960 Chile earthquake. Tokyo: Japan Meteorological Agency.Google Scholar
- National Astronomical Observatory. (1985). Satellite image of winter monsoon of Japan on December 24, 1985. Tokyo: National Astronomical Observatory.Google Scholar
- Otsuji, H., & Fujioka, T. (1998). Significance of Education for Natural Disaster as STS Education. STS International Conference: Science & Society. Retrieved March 25, 2004, from the World Wide Web: http://telemann.edu.ibaraki.ac.jp/staffs/ootsuji/papers/STSIC.htm.
- Terry, K. (1996). Kobe Earthquake. National Aeronautical and Space Administration. Retrieved July 29, 2003, from the World Wide Web: http://vathena.arc.nasa.gov/curric/land/kobe.html.
- Unisys Corp. (2003). Western Pacific typhoon tracking data by year. Houston, TX: Unisys. Retrieved April 15, 2004, from the World Wide Web: http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/w_pacific/index.html.
- United Nations. (1989). Challenges of the international decade for natural disaster reduction. Nagoya, Japan: United Nations Center for Regional Development.Google Scholar
- Yamakawa, S. (1990). A brief chronology of the world disaster. Tsukuba, Japan: Institute of Geoscience, University of Tsukuba, A11 (19-37).Google Scholar
© Springer 2007