New Experimental Approach to Ternary Fission Relying on the γ-Ray Spectroscopy
Ternary fission of 252Cf was studied at Gammasphere with using ΔE×E particle telescopes. The abundance ratio of 10Be LCP’s emitted in the excited 2+ state (E*=3368 keV) and in the ground state was found to be N(2+)/N(0+)=0.160±0.025. No evidence was found for the 3368 keV γ rays emitted from a triple molecular state. For the first time charge distributions were obtained for fission fragments emitted with helium, beryllium and carbon LCP’s.
KeywordsFragment Pair Main Fragment 10Be Nucleus Light Charged Particle Scission Point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Wagemans, in The Nuclear Fission Process, ed. C. Wagemans (CRS Press, Boca Raton, FL, USA, 1991), Chapt. 12.Google Scholar
- R.V.F. Janssens and F.S. Stephens, Nucl. Phys. News, 6, No. 4, 9 (1996).Google Scholar
- G.V. Valskii, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys., 24, 140 (1976).Google Scholar
- G.A. Pik-Pichak, Phys. At. Nucl., 57, 906 (1994).Google Scholar
- M. Mutterer and J. P. Theobald, in Nuclear Decay Modes, ed. D. Poenary, IOP Publ., Bristol, England, 1996, Chapt. 12.Google Scholar
- Y. N. Kopach et al., Phys. Rev. C, 65, 044614 (16) (2002).Google Scholar
- P. Singer at al., in: Proc. Int. 3rd Conf. DANF’ 96, Casta Papernicka, Slovakia, eds. J. Kliman and B. Pustylnik, ( JINR, Dubna ) 1996, p. 262.Google Scholar
- M. Mutterer at al., in: Proc. Int. Conf. Fission and Properties of Neutron-Rich Nuclei, eds. J.H. Hamilton and A.V. Ramayya ( World Scientific, Singapore ) 1998, p. 119.Google Scholar
- J. H. Hamilton et al., Acta Physica Slovaca, 49, 31 (1999).Google Scholar
- W. Greiner, Acta Physica Slovaca, 49, 9 (1999).Google Scholar
- G. M. Ter-Akopian et al., in: Proc. Int. Conf. Fission and Properties of Neutron-Rich Nuclei, Sanibel Island, Florida, 2002, (will be published by World Scientific, Singapore).Google Scholar
- M. Mutterer et al., Ibid as Ref. , p. 250.Google Scholar