Educational and Eurotraining Curriculum in Data Acquisition and Signal Processing for Smart Sensors
Smart sensors are of great interest in many fields of industry, control systems, biomedical applications, etc. It is very important research and educational area for European economical and technological bases. As rule, the majority of training courses over the past years dedicated to smart sensors are reflecting only technological achievements of microelectronics and materials [1–3]. Although a number of universities have courses in sensor technology — specifically in siliconbased and micromachining technology , such technology oriented educational curriculum give deep knowledge “how to make”, but not “what to make”. However, modern advanced microsensor technologies require novel advanced measuring and data acquisition technique.
KeywordsSmart Sensor NATO Advance Study Institute Educational Area Data Acquisition Technique Metrology Performance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G.W. Auner, P. Siy, R. Naik, L. Wenger, G-Y. Liu, L.J. Schwiebert “A combined research/educational curriculum in smart sensors and integrated devices”, In Proceedings of International Conference on Engineering Education (ICEE’98), Rio Othen Palace, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 17–20 August, 1998.Google Scholar
- S.A. Akbar, P.K. Dutta, M.J. Madou “Novel sensors R&D leading to curriculum development”, In Proceedings of International Conference on Engineering Education (ICEE’98), Rio Othen Palace, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 17–20 August, 1998.Google Scholar
- S.A. Akbar, P.K. Dutta, “A research driven multidisciplinary curriculum in sensor materials”,http://www.mse.eng.ohio-state.edu/-akbar/asee.htm
- S. Middelhoek, S. A. Audet, P.J. French, “Silicon sensors”, Lecture ET 4–046, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands, 2000.Google Scholar
- Sensors Web Portal, http://www.sensorsportal.com Google Scholar
- Smart Sensor Systems, EUROPRACTICE Advanced Engineering Course Materials, Delft University, The Netherlands, 2003.Google Scholar
- Smart Sensors and MEMS: Tutorials and Posters Abstracts, NATO ASI, Preprints, Ed. by Maria Teresa Gomes and Sergey Y. Yurish, Povoa De Varzim, 8–19 September 2003 (ISBN 0–9733840–0-X).Google Scholar
- IEEE Sensors Council web site: http://www.ieee.org/sensorsGoogle Scholar