Between Canvas and Celluloid
It is in the in-between that meaning is constructed. In the space between matter and the immaterial. In the dislocation between here and there. In the discernment of absence and presence. In the distance between an index and its referent. In the simultaneous recognition of a thing being mirrored and its mirror image. In the dividing line of a symmetrical subject. In the divergence of actual and virtual. In the distinction between physical and spiritual. In the transition between life and afterlife. In the intermission between live and recorded. In the difference between analog and digital. In the transfer (and transference) of a mark from one surface to another.
KeywordsDust Agar Recombination Posit Bleach
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gilles Deleuze, The Fold: Leibniz and The Baroque, trans. Tom Conley ( Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 1993 ).Google Scholar
- 2.AD: Architecture and Science, ed. Giuseppa Di Cristina (West Sussex: Wiley-Academy, John Wiley Sons, Ltd., 2001 ), p. 8.Google Scholar
- 3.Ibid., p. 7.Google Scholar
- 4.Ibid.Google Scholar
- 5.Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy, canto 18.Google Scholar
- 6.Deleuze, The Fold: Leibniz and The Baroque, p. 26.Google Scholar
- 7.Ibid., p. 87.Google Scholar
- 8.Ibid., p. 94.Google Scholar
- 9.Ibid., p. 80.Google Scholar
- 10.Track 3, disc 2 of The Laurie Anderson Anthology: Talk Normal (Los Angeles: Warner Bros. Records Inc. Rhino Entertainment Company).Google Scholar
- 11.Deleuze, The Fold: Leibniz and The Baroque, p. 87.Google Scholar