Biosynthesis of cobalamins including vitamin B12
Vitamin B 12 can be formally classified with the tetrapyrrole derivatives. It is based on a skeleton called corrin (Fig. 1), which differs from the other tetrapyrroles in the absence ot a methene bridge between two of the pyrrole rings. In numbering the atoms in this formula, number 20 has been deliberately omitted, in order that all the corrin atoms should correspond to those of the other tetrapyrrole compounds. Some of the biosynthetic intermediates occurring before the formation of hydrogenobyrinic acid are called precorrins.
KeywordsCobalt Amide Glutamine Pseudomonas Methionine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. M. Jeter and J. R. Roth, J. Bacteriol., 169, 3189–3198 (1989).Google Scholar
- J. Crouzet, F. Blanche, B. Cameron, D. Thibaut and L. Debussche in Chemical Aspects of Enzyme Biotechnology, 299–315, T.O.Google Scholar
- Baldwin et al., eds., Plenum Press, New York (1990).Google Scholar
- D. Thibaut, M. Couder, A. Famechon, L. Debussche, B. CameronGoogle Scholar
- J. Crouzet and F. Blanche, J. Bacteriol.,174, 1043–1049 (1992). Many references to previous work will be found in the last twoGoogle Scholar
- papers.Google Scholar