This chapter provides a brief overview of econometric methods, techniques and problems. There are many texts available for further reading both at the elementary level [11, 13, 15] and also at the more advanced level (see Johnston ).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Almon, ‘The Distributed Lag Between Capital Appropriations and Expenditures’, Econometrica, vol. 30, no. 1 (1965).Google Scholar
- G. Chow, ‘Tests of Equality between Subsets of Coefficients in Two Linear Regressions’, Econometrica, vol. 28, no. 3 (1960).Google Scholar
- D. Cochrane and G. H. Orcutt, ‘Application of Least-squares Regression to Relationships Containing Auto-correlated Error Terms’, Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 44, no. 245 (Mar 1949).Google Scholar
- J. Durbin, ‘Estimation of Parameters in Time-Series Regression Models’, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, series B, vol. 22, no. 1 (1960).Google Scholar
- —, ‘Errors in Variables’, Review of the International Statistics Institute, vol. 22 (1954).Google Scholar
- —, ‘Testing Serial Correlation in Least-Squares Regression when some of the Regressors are Lagged Dependent Variables’, Econometrica, vol. 38 (1970).Google Scholar
- — and G. S. Watson, ‘Testing for Serial Correlation in Least Squares Regression’, Biometrika, vol. 37 (1950) and vol. 38 (1951).Google Scholar
- F. Fisher, ‘Tests of Equality Between Sets of Coefficients in Two Linear Regressions: An Expository Note’, Econometrica, vol. 38 (1970).Google Scholar
- Z. Griliches and P. Rao, ‘Small Sample Properties of Several Two-Stage Regression Methods in the Context of Autocorrelated Errors’, Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 64 (1969).Google Scholar
- J. Johnston, Econometric Method (New York: McGraw-Hill, 1972).Google Scholar
- H. H. Kelejian and W. E. Oates, Introduction to Econometrics (New York: Harper & Row, 1974).Google Scholar
- L. M. Koyck, Distributed Lags and Investment Analysis (Amsterdam: North-Holland, 1954).Google Scholar
- J. L. Murphy, Introductory Econometrics (Homewood, Ill.: Irwin, 1973).Google Scholar
- R. M. Summers, ‘A Capital Intensive Approach to the Small Sample Properties of Various Simultaneous Equation Estimators’, Econometrica, vol. 33, no. 1 (1965).Google Scholar