Types of Selling
to classify the different types of selling
to understand how different skills and activities may be required for different circumstances
to examine the differences between service selling and new business selling
to monitor recent changes in sales jobs, in particular to appreciate the importance of merchandising, telesales, key account selling and relationship selling.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bettger, E. (1949) How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling,. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- Cespedes, F.V. (1996) Managing Marketing Linkages: Texts, Cases and Readings,. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- Cuddihy, L. (1996) An investigation of sales management practices in the Irish pharmaceutical industry. Unpublished MBS thesis, Dublin City University School.Google Scholar
- Kahn, G.N. and Schuchman, A. (1961) Specialise your salesmen, Harvard Business Review, Jan-Feb: 125–33.Google Scholar
- McMurry, R.N. (1961) The mystique of super-salesmanship, Harvard Business Review, 39,: 113–22.Google Scholar
- McMurry, R.N. and Arnold, J.S. (1968) How to Build a Dynamic Sales Organisation,. New York: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Moncrief, W.C. (1986) Selling activity and sales position taxonomies for industrial salesforces, Journal of Marketing Research, XXIII, (Aug): 261–70.Google Scholar
- Newton, D.A. (1969) Get the most out of your sales force, Harvard Business Review, Sep-Oct: 16–29.Google Scholar
- Rosenbloom, B. and Anderson, R.E. (1984) The sales manager: tomorrow’s super marketer, Business Horizons, Mar-Apr: 50–6.Google Scholar
- Tack, A. (1989) Increase Your Sales the Tack Way,. Aldershot: Gower.Google Scholar