Foreign Investment and the Macroeconomy in Vietnam
In 1977, two years after the country’s reunification, the government of Vietnam issued a document regulation (or rules) on Foreign Investment in Vietnam. At that time, the regulation did not receive support from the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe. Although some capitalist groups regarded this regulation as a considerable sign to be available before any foreign investment activities were carried out in Vietnam, the Cambodia event took place and was followed by the southern border war with China. As a result, the economic cooperation door with capitalist countries was shut. Under these circumstances, the regulation did not have any particular significance.
KeywordsEurope Petroleum Income Marketing Petrol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Asian Development Bank, Asian Development Outlook, Oxford University Press, Oxford 1991, 1992 and 1994.Google Scholar
- Gates, Carolyn L. and David H. D. Truong Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Change in Vietnam: Trends, Causes and Effects, NIAS Report Series no. 20, Copenhagen, 1994.Google Scholar
- Le Dang Doanh Vietnam Country Report. Presented at the International Conference on Asian Transitional Economies Project, Osaka, 30–31, October 1994.Google Scholar
- Le Dang Doanh and Adam McCarthy, Economic Reform in Vietnam — Achievements and Prospects, in Seiji J. Naya and Joseph L. H. Tan (eds) Asian Transitional Economies, Challenges and Prospects for Reform and Transformation. ISEAS-ICEG, Singapore, 1995.Google Scholar
- Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PECC), Pacific Economic Outlook, PECC Secretariat and The Asia Foundation, Singapore, San Francisco 1995, 1996.Google Scholar
- Tran Dinh Thien, ‘Foreign Direct Investment in Vietnam’. Vietnam’s Socio-Economic Development Bulletin. No. 4, 1995 pp. 29–34.Google Scholar
- Dang Duc Dam, Vietnam’s Economy 1986–1995. The Gioi Publishers, Hanoi, 1995.Google Scholar
- World Bank Vietnam Public Sector Management and Private Sector Incentives. Report No. 13143-VN. Washington, D.C. 1994.Google Scholar